RugerForum.com

This is a Ruger Firearms enthusiast's forum, but it is in no way affiliated with, nor does it represent Sturm Ruger & Company Inc. of Southport, CT.
It is currently Thu Jan 23, 2020 7:34 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 58 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 8:47 pm 
Single-Sixer

That thing is akin to them having built a 4" single action break-open .22 revolver and calling it the "new" SP101 in .22LR!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 6:59 am 
Single-Sixer

If this turns out to be a reliable, accurate little gun without the early production recalls, it could be a winner.

Think about how freakin ugly some of the .22 autos are......

This one looks decent, hopefully it will perform.

Post subject: SR 22
PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 9:34 am 
Single-Sixer

One thing I noticed is that the web site states that the slide is made of aluminum. The Walther has a die cast slide. I am not sure of the material
but I know it is not aluminum.

Hopefully the gun holds up well and is reliable.

Hip Shot

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 10:16 am 
Hawkeye

If it can't hang with the MK's in terms of accuracy, and trigger .... not personally interested.

Looks like a very 'LCP-like' trigger.

REV

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 3:40 pm 
Single-Sixer

I probably will not get one although it looks like a good pistol. I had a Walther P22 and got rid of it. It was too small for my hands. I prefer my MK IIs and 22/45. Even my daughter would rather shoot a MK II over the P22.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 4:08 pm 
Hawkeye

It's tough to out-do any of the MK's or 22/45's in almost any category.

I guess if you like little plastic replicas of larger caliber 'combat pistols', it would appeal to you. And ... I guess if the size is equal, it could be a good training tool, just like a 22 1911 would be. I'm sure it's a nice shooting gun ... just not my style.

One thing I REALLY like is how Ruger integrated the mag pad into the grip ... that is very nicely done.

REV

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 4:57 pm 
Hunter

When it has a threaded barrel it'll interest me.

I've had the Sig and Walther, neither of which were significantly reliable or accurate. It appears the SR22 is much more reliable. I have MKIIIs for pure accuracy. This one will make a good host for suppressors.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 5:04 pm 
Turned off

Not in the least bit interested (as I gaze at the beauty of my Mark III in Stainless)...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 6:42 pm 
Single-Sixer

I doubt Ruger is offering this as a "competition" to the Mark III or 22/45 lines. This is new market stuff.

"You have never talked to a mere mortal. Nations, cultures, arts, civilizations — these are mortal, and their life is to ours as the life of a gnat. But it is immortals whom we joke with, work with, marry, snub, and exploit — immortal horrors or everlasting splendors." ~~~CS Lewis

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 7:06 pm 
Bearcat

Have a 22/24 MK III....and I am enjoying the living daylights out of it. What a hoot. While I like the looks of the new SR22, I don't think I'll give up the 22/45 just yet. Nor do I feel the need to add another 22.

If I do, it'll be a 22 revolver. Just for more fun.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 7:53 pm 
Buckeye

mattsbox99 wrote:
When it has a threaded barrel it'll interest me.

I've had the Sig and Walther, neither of which were significantly reliable or accurate. It appears the SR22 is much more reliable. I have MKIIIs for pure accuracy. This one will make a good host for suppressors.

Ruger will have available a replacement threaded barrel for this model on their Shopruger.com website from what I have heard...

GONH Life Member
RENE Member
ROCS Member

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 7:53 pm 
Bearcat

SoliDeoGloria wrote:
I doubt Ruger is offering this as a "competition" to the Mark III or 22/45 lines. This is new market stuff.

I don't see how it won't poach away sales from the Mark III or especially the 22/45.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 7:55 pm 
Bearcat

If its not the same manual of arms as the SR line, why is it named the SR22?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 1:16 pm 
Hunter

I would bite if they had made it as a true rimfire version of the SR9.

"It ain't who shoots first and it ain't who shoots most; it's who HITS first. A corollary - the sooner you kill that SOB, the sooner he'll quit shooting at you. The ability to hit what you're shooting at trumps all others, and hanging 47 accessories from a cheese-grater forearm and having a 30 round magazine won't help that - practice will." -Rugerforum.com member WWB

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 1:40 pm 
Hawkeye

pappyd wrote:
SoliDeoGloria wrote:

I don't see how it won't poach away sales from the Mark III or especially the 22/45.

It's not the same class of gun. Nobody currently considering a MK or 22/45 would buy this thing instead if they knew what they were doing. It's a casual plinker from what I've read and heard, which is fine if that's what you're looking for. As much as the MK's and 22/45's can be considered that as well .... they are far more target and accuracy oriented ... even straight from the factory with no mods a MK or 22/45 would blow the SR22 away in accuracy and trigger. It wouldn't even be close.

I have no doubt it's a nice little gun if you're in the market for a gun like that. Just not my cup of tea ... as other polymers aren't either.

REV

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 58 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next