SR22 - Who's getting one?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

44shootist

Single-Sixer
Cool little pistol, but have no use for a 22, would buy one in a good center fire round for conceal carry.
I don't understand where Ruger is going with all these 22's they introduced in the last year, not any fun to shoot a 22.
Why not put the production space to better use making a SR1911 45acp compact instead?

Jeff Quinn

Single-Sixer
44shootist said:
Cool little pistol, but have no use for a 22, would buy one in a good center fire round for conceal carry.
I don't understand where Ruger is going with all these 22's they introduced in the last year, not any fun to shoot a 22.

I have many handguns, from 17 through 500. I like them all, but if I ever had to pare down to just one handgun, it would be a 22.

Jeff

ranger1

Buckeye
ShortBBL said:
Like the title says, who's IN for one of these new guns?

It's very tempting, since I've always had the inkling to purchase a Walther P22 just for the compact size.
I'm thinking Ruger's version will be much more reliable than the Walther.

ShortBBL

Blackhawk
Jeff Quinn said:
44shootist said:

I have many handguns, from 17 through 500. I like them all, but if I ever had to pare down to just one handgun, it would be a 22.

Jeff

I agree! You just MUST have a 22 handgun! My "last to go" would be a Single Six in 4 5/8".

wetidlerjr

Single-Sixer
44shootist said:
Cool little pistol, but have no use for a 22, would buy one in a good center fire round for conceal carry. I don't understand where Ruger is going with all these 22's they introduced in the last year, not any fun to shoot a 22.
Jeff Quinn said:
Jeff

I enjoy all my .22s but none would be my only handgun. This new one looks nice but I won't be getting one anytime soon. 8)

Ruger Nut

Single-Sixer
Wow,that's a bad a** pistol! How much do you think they will sell for? I'de like to get one! 8)

ShortBBL

Blackhawk
44shootist said:
well I disagree, we can do that here right? a 22 is about a much fun as shooting a cap gun.

Ha ha ha.... That's funny! I can't shoot my cap gun at 100 yards! A skilled hand gunner can do quite a bit with a 22 revolver!

wlhump

Bearcat
Several comments:

#1) Even with various auto and revolver center fires available, we find shooting our .22 LR pistols to be more enjoyable. You can uncover various flaws in technique faster (the limited recoil does not hide anything) and practice for far less money with a .22 LR. Just my opintion I love my .22s and usually spend more range time with them than anything else.

#2) I have to admit I am a little disappointed in this offering. I would have hoped (keeping in line with the above reasoning) that the SR22 would be a .22 LR version of the SRXXX line. I would be real nice to have the option to practice with a .22LR with all the same controls, grip, etc as the SR family of center fires. Again, just my opinion.

9x19

Hunter
IF it's made of better stuff than the Walther P22, I'll give one a try.

If it's the same Zamak-type stuff as the Walther, I'll pass.

The Bersa is a well-built alternative that has been reliable for me.

axisofoil

Single-Sixer
wlhump said:
Several comments:

#1) Even with various auto and revolver center fires available, we find shooting our .22 LR pistols to be more enjoyable. You can uncover various flaws in technique faster (the limited recoil does not hide anything) and practice for far less money with a .22 LR. Just my opintion I love my .22s and usually spend more range time with them than anything else.

#2) I have to admit I am a little disappointed in this offering. I would have hoped (keeping in line with the above reasoning) that the SR22 would be a .22 LR version of the SRXXX line. I would be real nice to have the option to practice with a .22LR with all the same controls, grip, etc as the SR family of center fires. Again, just my opinion.

+1 to both points. My thoughts exactly.

BrittB

Single-Sixer
Me, me, me, me, I do! I see them as a good way to go out and blast holes in paper without breaking the bank. .357, .40acp, and 45acp adds up fast. Also, some indoor ranges only allow .22lr.

firstup

Bearcat
Count me in! Got a LCR .22 for Christmas. I like the way Ruger stepped up to the plate on the LCP when issues ere discivered, and tried to trck them all down and get them back for repair. I feel that if JeffQ says it works, it will work. Haven't seen the MSRP yet, curious to what it is. Dealer just called and says he can get one.

Latest posts