Ruger repair service

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Meandragon

Bearcat
Would anybody know about how long it takes ruger to fix a gun. My sr9 was ftf and I sent it through the gun dealer about over 2 weeks ago.

jstanfield103

Blackhawk
I would say you should get it back this week, seems they around 2 week turn around. Why did you send it in?

Meandragon

Bearcat
jstanfield103 said:
I would say you should get it back this week, seems they around 2 week turn around. Why did you send it in?

It was failing to feed. I would notice when it would happen the rim of the bullet would get caught underneath the striker pin. Hopefully it comes back like new.

A

Anonymous

I sent a Single-Six in for a .012 barrel/cylinder gap. Got it back in twelve days with new barrel, .004 gap.

axisofoil

Single-Sixer
RobbyRotten said:
axisofoil said:
The only time I had a problem, I had it fixed up and back in hand within 3 hours.

Very funny! You're lucky to live so close to the factory. :)

I wasn't trying to be funny. It's a true story. ;)

Broke a striker. Called them, said I could be in 2 hours afterward, they said ok, and handed me a new striker assembly when I got there. Problem solved. :D

But yeah... shouldn't take too long. I imagine if they do same-day turnaround for those of us that are only a quick jaunt from the factory, they should have you fixed up in a jiffy.

A

Anonymous

Took two+ months with my p95 a couple of years ago..............of course at the time they had two different model pistols on recall.

Meandragon

Bearcat
b.thomas said:
Took two+ months with my p95 a couple of years ago..............of course at the time they had two different model pistols on recall.

Wow that's something I did not want to hear. Does anyone know if there is any recalls going on right now?

Meandragon

Bearcat
Finally got it back today. It took over 6 weeks, but it was the dang gun dealer fault. It took them 4 weeks to get it shipped off. Anyways, they replaced the extractor and fixed the barrel. Now it's shooting flawless and couldn't be more satisfied. The dealership bummed me out by showing low grade customer service.

A

Anonymous

In case anybody else wants to know, here's what Ruger told me Friday.

Please allow us a ten to fifteen business days for the turn around, in order for us to process / repair / deliver your firearm back to you. Please check back with us at a later date for status. We do appreciate your patience.

No, this is not true, we would be happy to provide you with a tracking number when your firearm is shipped back to you. I will pass along your email to all the appropriate parties, and provide you with this tracking number.

I agree about dealers being the problem sometimes. When I ordered my 9c I called the online dealer, Fed. Express every other day cause my FFL said it hadn't arrived. Finally found out they had gotten it 10 days before and didn't know it.

Latest posts