P93DC, Blue unit!

Help Support Ruger Forum:

roylt

Hunter
Hi Guys,
I have only seen 2 of these 93's in blue! Came with a P85 barrel someone didn't understand the barrel link setup. But luckily I had a ported barrel to drop in.

5Wire

Single-Sixer
I have a P90DC, definitely a sibling in blue:

RugerPP90DWLeft.jpg

I really like the decock versions of the Ps

PAVTXER

Single-Sixer
5Wire said:
I have a P90DC, definitely a sibling in blue:

RugerPP90DWLeft.jpg

I really like the decock versions of the Ps

Nice... that appears to be a "all black" vice a blued one. Isn't there something unique about those?

Roy yours is very nice too... esp with the ported bbl. Would love to know how well that helps recoil.

5Wire

Single-Sixer
I don't know, John. It is more like black, isn't it. The box is marked PP90DW. I do know it's not stainless. Roylt's P93 looks different in color but I thought that was an artifact of the lighting on that particular photo. The grip panels are the same. The slides are a bit different, no serrations on mine and the dust cover is relieved on mine. Mine was manufactured in 1992, according to Ruger.

roylt

Hunter
A PP90DW is a cop gun.

Police, P90, Decock only, With extra mag.

Your hammer and trigger are black as well as the barrel right. (cop gun)

I have one too that came from Montana state patrol. Mine has MSP etched on it and is a little more beat up but is still neat.

My P93 is Rugers standard "blue" that turns "plum" as it wears.

roylt

Hunter
Cops get all the good stuff!

I'm sure there are several buyers here if you ever want to sell.

Any "special" P-gun is sought after by us P-nuts.

Al James

Hunter
5Wire said:
Yup, that's what I have. It never occurred to me that there was black AND blue.

Yes and to me the black is tough! I would like to find one someday. I dare to say I like your PP's :oops:

roylt

Hunter
Mine looks to be "worked over" a bit. Not sure if the patrol had a gunsmith polish this and that or if Ruger took special care of the cop guns? Is the feed ramp on yours super smooth? Mine looks like high chrome.

5Wire

Single-Sixer
Not super smooth but pretty smooth. I'll see if I can get a pic later. It feeds anything I've tried: SWC, JHP, FN,FMJ.

PAVTXER

Single-Sixer
5Wire said:
10/24/2001 $355

Very nice ! If you have the urge to unload that old thing... I'll give ya what ya paid for it...... :lol: It is 10 years old and you probably want something new anyhow right.... :wink: