Threaded barrels for SR9

Help Support Ruger Forum:

How many of you would buy a threaded drop in SR9 barrel?

• Yes 125-150 dollar range

Votes: 4 28.6%
  • Yes 150-175 dollar range

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • No

Votes: 6 42.9%
  • What about the SR40?

Votes: 3 21.4%

• Total voters

aWoods

Single-Sixer
Verndog said:
I'm trying to understand the reasons these people are asking for the threaded barrel. What advantages are there besides the ability to add a silencer which IMO would be a rare request?

Egalloway said:
For those voting no is that because you don't see the need for one or you just don't want one?

I voted no because of no need, unless someone can give me a valid advantage.

According to the Chris Costa, they are pretty handy on a bedside gun, on account of you not blowing your eardrums out when shooting a gun without hearing protection inside your bedroom.

Actually, I think he was saying something more along the lines of protecting his, and his family's hearing, as well as protecting their lives.

laremm

Bearcat
I was reading an article on supressors about a month ago. In other countries where guns are highly regulated, but the silencer is not, it is considered rude not to have one.

Like driving your car in the neighborhood with no muffler. very rude.

In the USA, they were regulated before the NRA was a political power, so James Bond movies let everyone know what the true use guns were, not facts.

Simms65

Bearcat
I really hope that someone ends up making a threaded barrel for the SR series pistols. I really do think it would sell well.

drgeb

Bearcat
Would absolutely buy a threaded barrel for an SR40. And, BTW, while costly, and requiring a $200 lifetime tax, aren't your ears worth that much? What if your family was graced with the presence of a nighttime intruder? Got time for everyone to grab their hearing-protectors? I'd rather not have my ears ringing for days - provided I survived such an attack - because of an inside-the-house firefight.

modrifle3

Buckeye
Lateck said:
axisofoil said:
I think a high quality target/match barrel might be more desirable than a threaded barrel.

Maybe a .357 sig barrel for the sr40? :D

+1 & 2.
Mostly for the 357SIG barrel.
I also voted No as I have no need for a supresser (or cost).

Lateck,

I agree here ... also want a match grade p90 barrel.

Lateck

Single-Sixer
I know this is an old post but why post another....
4 years ago I said "No" to a threaded barrel for the SR9 (&9c).
Well....... I heard the silence of suppressors :D
Now, I would LOVE a threaded barrel.
I have bought them for my SIGs and now want to use my Rugers....
The cost of a suppressor is starting to be reachable (slightly) and the tax stamp times are slowly getting faster :shock:
So, it would be nice for threaded barrels. :mrgreen:

Lateck,

PebblePimp

Bearcat
I voted "no" because if I wanted a suppressed pistol, I would want it to be my Glock. A suppressor isn't high, by any means, on my list of gun wants.

jammer

Single-Sixer
Yes to the suppressor. If you don't want one don't buy one. But I can think of a few reasons why it would be handy or useful. .. survival, hunting, ear drums will appreciate it on the range and in self defense... etc

dwd

Single-Sixer
I vote yes, I didn't have an sr9 in 2011 but I do now and I would like a threaded barrel for it.