did ruger ever make a 22 short mk1 or mk2?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

No, Ruger never offered it but my wife had one ( MK I T678) that was made up by a former Colt collector, who worked at High Standard at one time passed away years ago, and she never used it, where it went to we have no clue, but I have pictures of it around somewhere..............

yEwqudjm.jpg

qr9qVDum.jpg

Yes, that would be awesome, less show and more tell,,,,I too have gotTen rid of many of the guns we had over the years ,3 gun shops and 4 factory visits and work....yes there was a Voltquartzen, I believe, 22 short conversion kit, mag, lighter recoil spring, would do it............some companies tried light weight (alloy ) slides,but with Ruger the upper receiver is ALL TOGETHER, A UNIT.........A BITHCHA TO TRY AND REMOVE THE BARREL......... :roll: 8) :wink:

Rocdoc

Buckeye
I've seen a couple of the Volquartsen conversion kits on eBay. They should be fine on a MKIV so no trouble to switch back and forth. They were expensive the kits I saw

SGW Gunsmith

Blackhawk
recumbent said:
I have to ask Why?
Around here 22 shorts cost more than 22LR when you can find them

Why ask why? Owners wanted a conversion kit for their Ruger Mark pistols so they could shoot .22 Shorts for bullseye events. Volquartsen provide a conversion unit for that purpose. I ordered and sold a few of those for Ruger Mark owners who WANTED to do that. I have a picture of one of those conversion kits on this computer somewhere, and will post it if I find it.
The kit consisted of a lighter bolt, different magazine and a few other parts IIRC. Didn't pan out though, as the twist rate in the Marks is not very conducive for shooting shorts.

wanderson

Bearcat
Some Old High Standard pistols came with an extra .22short mag, probably back when shorts were more plentiful. But even tho HS is supposed to run std. velocity only, I've never seen or heard of an unmodified HS cycling std. velocity shorts reliably.