Slip-on Handguard for LC9s

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Ky Bob

Bearcat
Like the title says has anyone tried them on a LC9s and what brand did you go with?

Rugeraz

Bearcat
I use the Fixxer Grip Sleeve. Seems identical to the Hogue, but cheaper. Really helps the grip.
http://www.fixxxer.com/store/product.php?productid=17799&cat=281&page=2
HAHA1.jpg

HAHA.jpg

Donnieweps

Single-Sixer
Hate to be critical but a "handguard" is something you put on an AR or a Mini, you're talking about a grip sleeve etc.

Critical? Maybe but terminology does matter.

By the way, I'm not a newbie as if that should matter, two instances of computer or password issues, probably have closer to 500 posts on this forum. Don

Ky Bob

Bearcat
Donnieweps said:
Hate to be critical but a "handguard" is something you put on an AR or a Mini, you're talking about a grip sleeve etc.

Critical? Maybe but terminology does matter.

By the way, I'm not a newbie as if that should matter, two instances of computer or password issues, probably have closer to 500 posts on this forum. Don

Sorry I confused you and had you thinking that I was adding a slip-on AR/AK
Handguard to my LC9s.

leadhead2

Bearcat
I bought the Hogue for mine and it made a world of difference.
I think it was like 10$ on e-bay and free shipping.
Denny

Donnieweps

Single-Sixer
Ky Bob said:

Sorry I confused you and had you thinking that I was adding a slip-on AR/AK
Handguard to my LC9s.

No biggie, have made plenty of mistakes in my time. Don

Bud0505

Single-Sixer
I put a Hogue Handall Jr on my LC9. Made a big difference. Let the grip set in hot water for about ten minutes and spray the pistol handle with some windex. The grip will slip right on.

woodsy

Blackhawk
Bud0505 said:
I put a Hogue Handall Jr on my LC9. Made a big difference. Let the grip set in hot water for about ten minutes and spray the pistol handle with some windex. The grip will slip right on.
Another way to do it: Alcohol is a natural lubricant for rubber. Plus, it eventually evaporates, so the slipperiness disappears later, just as it should. Learned this when I worked for GE.

Conn AK

Single-Sixer
Like the Hogue Handall. Key for me is the webbing of my shooting hand. The Hogue fills in that area. Sucks to have big hands. Fingers are too long for most compacts. Anything that takes up space helps.

woodsy

Blackhawk
Conn AK said:
Like the Hogue Handall. Key for me is the webbing of my shooting hand. The Hogue fills in that area. Sucks to have big hands. Fingers are too long for most compacts. Anything that takes up space helps.
Same here.

Ky Bob

Bearcat
Thanks fellas. I went with a Hogue Handall and it helped my grip tremendously!

Toyman

Single-Sixer
I put a Hogue grip sleeve on my LC9 and bought factory extended magazines. The combination marked the LC9 quite controllable.
SeBAUcG.jpg