Ejection problems with Ruger American

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Yotecallr

Bearcat
I recently purchased a new Ruger American in 45 acp. The gun would eject factory and reloads in front of me 6 feet at 1 o'clock. I sent it back and the invoice stated they replaced the extractor, ejector, and the trigger assembly. I took it shooting again today and the gun has the exact same problem. I'm smart enough to know they didn't do anything at all to the gun when they got it the first time. So after calling Ruger today, I sent it back on their dime. Anybody else have this problem with their RA 45 acp?

DGW1949

Hunter
As long as the gun is running reliably, I don't really see the problem...but since you you do, my suggestion would be to try a different brand or type of ammo to see if it puts the empties closer to where you think they should go.

DGW

DGW1949 said:
As long as the gun is running reliably, I don't really see the problem...but since you you do, my suggestion would be to try a different brand or type of ammo to see if it puts the empties closer to where you think they should go.

DGW

That just about says it all, the brass coming out of my Mini-14 lands somewhere in the next county as far as I can tell, but I couldn't care less.

Yotecallr

Bearcat
If I didn't reload, it wouldn't be a problem. I now have to ask the other shooters to hold their fire while I walk out in front of the line to pick up my brass. I shoot a lot and they do too. This is an outdoor range.

WestTex

Single-Sixer
As one who has dealt with glock BTF issues for time immemorial, I would praise Heaven!

PriseDeFer

Single-Sixer
" I now have to ask the other shooters to hold their fire while I walk out in front of the line to pick up my brass." Understanding and compliant bunch. Or are you blonde, built like Marylin Monroe and wearing short shorts?

FergusonTO35

Hunter
How many rounds does the pistol have through it? This may change as all the parts get broken in. If you can get a spare ejector, you can experiment with making it slightly shorter until it ejects to your liking.

Latest posts