LCP...Notice: Ruger has changed the takedown pin !

Help Support Ruger Forum:

COLT_45

Single-Sixer
I decided to order a few extra parts from Shop Ruger. One of the extra parts I ordered was a "stock SC03750" takedown pin for my LCP as an extra just in case. It was directly ordered and came from Ruger customer service AZ this week. Anyway, notice the change, as there is now a double ridge cut for the spring to sit in.

Jim Puke

Hunter
I have never had a problem with my old one backing out...but I know some folks have. Hopefully, this will fix the problem.

COLT_45

Single-Sixer
I take my CCW gun very seriously. Don't need any unexpected problems that way. I'm not sure though yet if it is Mim or a forged part now for even more added strength. I'll call Monday and find out or if anyone with Ruger or whoever knows the answers, feel free to chime in and let us all know ?

Jim Puke

Hunter
COLT_45 said:
I take my CCW gun very seriously. Don't need any unexpected problems that way. I'm not sure though yet if it is Mim or a forged part now for even more added strength. I'll call Monday and find out or if anyone with Ruger or whoever knows the answers, feel free to chime in and let us all know ?

The "strength" would not be the problem.

And, for the record...I have shot mine a TON and pin has never budged...can't hardly get it out to take the gun down...so I have no problem trusting mine.

COLT_45

Single-Sixer
Jim Luke said:
COLT_45 said:

And, for the record...I have shot mine a TON and pin has never budged...can't hardly get it out to take the gun down...so I have no problem trusting mine.

Most are not that tight. My older pin snaps out with a little nudge and unsnap with a small screwdriver. Anyone with the "newer" pin report in ? Maybe the newer pin is in the new custom LCP model ?

Jim Luke said:
COLT_45 said:

Yep, same here. Mine is the first generation too. No problems.
gramps

doctordun

Bearcat
I just got a "new" LCP today, 2nd generation as far as I can tell..
Cleaned and lubed and took to the range.
The pin backed out on the third magazine of 6 cartridges.
Will be calling Ruger tomorrow. Very disappointed.

louchia

Single-Sixer
Had a problem with the pin backing out about 6 wks. ago. Called Rugar. CS sent a new pin and guide rod and springs , no charge. The pin has an added cut that helps keep the spring to hold it place. No problems with new pin.
Wife got new LCP no dash and it had the old style pin but it is much harder to remove and a loud click is heard when it is fully seated.
I do have one suggestion. When cleaning the gun, make sure that the hole on the left side of the frame that receives the pin is clean so that the pin seats fully.

Latest posts