$225 for a P89

Help Support Ruger Forum:

dlh38or45

Single-Sixer
I just scored a P89 on Gunbroker with 2 mags and a Hogue rubber sleeve grip in a case. It looks to be in good shape, but I am waiting to get my hands on it. I didn't think $225 was too bad...actually I was shocked I won it.

Good price you think? What should I know about the P89. I already have a P90.

Don

roylt

Hunter
225!! DEAL for sure. The 90 and 89 are basically the same gun. just 9mm.

roylt

Hunter
meister mash said:
Better than a hi point. Sall I got.

P89 and hi-point are NOT in the same league. I won't pay 100 bucks for a hipoint. But that is me.

All the talk on another discussion about how inaccurate the P89s are and last weekend at the close of a shoot some guys has put out some tanerite in Skoal cans and I decided to shoot at one with my woods carry P89 (I had not been shooting, just being a range officer) .... one shot at 75 ft and boom..... now I have to admit the 2nd can took 3 shots I was shooting an inch high.

revhigh

Hawkeye
So the bottom line is you could have missed the target by an inch or two and the inaccuracy of the gun by that amount made the round hit the target by 'accident' ?

This is why guns with less than good accuracy make it very difficult to improve your shooting skills ... You never can be sure if the 'flyer(s)' were you or the gun .... Or if the 'hits' were you or the gun .... This concept was demonstrated perfectly in your example. Maybe you were dead on with the three shots that 'missed' ....

Of course .... Naturally .... Most shooters usually like to attribute the 'hits' to their shooting skills.

REV

revhigh

Hawkeye
dlh38or45 said:
I didn't think $225 was too bad...actually I was shocked I won it.

Don

Exactly what I paid for my 89 and 91 a few years ago.

Got $350 for both when I dumped them (for a SRH in 454) because of accuracy issues.

You get what you pay for .... Hope yours is better than mine were.

REV

Buford57

Bearcat
blume357 said:
All the talk on another discussion about how inaccurate the P89s are and last weekend at the close of a shoot some guys has put out some tanerite in Skoal cans and I decided to shoot at one with my woods carry P89 (I had not been shooting, just being a range officer) .... one shot at 75 ft and boom..... now I have to admit the 2nd can took 3 shots I was shooting an inch high.

Inaccurate? They were made for 25 yard defensive shooting. Sound like "minute of maggot" to me. :mrgreen:

MARK2.0

Bearcat
Sounds like a great deal to me but what do I know I just paid $250 for a P85 with 4 mag's and a Fobus holster 7 weeks ago. My P85 was made in 1990 and has functioned like the workhorse it was designed to be, it's not had a FTF or FTE with any of the cheap ammo and reloads I've been feeding it. My Grandsons love to go to the back field with me to shoot it and it's heavy enough that the recoil isn't a problem even for the one that just turned 9. Oh the Grandsons live with me so they want to shoot everyday but I only let them when they bring home a good daily report. Need to go buy more ammo tomorrow as neither of them has had a bad report in weeks.

Flash

Buckeye
dlh38or45 said:
I just scored a P89 on Gunbroker with 2 mags and a Hogue rubber sleeve grip in a case. It looks to be in good shape, but I am waiting to get my hands on it. I didn't think $225 was too bad...actually I was shocked I won it.

Don

Ya can't get some parts easily