LC9s Lubrication Points?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

M1911A1

Bearcat
The manual only specifies lightly oiling all "moving parts." I'm hoping someone here can give a little more specific detail.

Thanks!

IlikeIke

Bearcat
M1911A1 said:
The manual only specifies lightly oiling all "moving parts." I'm hoping someone here can give a little more specific detail.

Thanks!

Thanks for the question. I have one on layaway myself so I will be interested in the answer. A rule of thumb for any handgun is that if you see shiny spots on the metal, put a drop of oil on those places. I use froglube, so I put a drop of the liquid froglube. And you can believe the outside of the barrel, lugs, and the slide rails will need a little oil.

M1911A1

Bearcat
I agree and am definitely familiar with the lube points in a regular, hammer-fired auto but this is my first striker-fired one, so I'm looking for someone to share their expertise.

8th SPS USAF

Bearcat
Being striker fired -do not lube in the firing pin channel. I lightly lube the rails on slide/frame, outside of the bbl , drop on the recoil assembly .

M1911A1

Bearcat
8th SPS USAF said:
Being striker fired -do not lube in the firing pin channel. I lightly lube the rails on slide/frame, outside of the bbl , drop on the recoil assembly .
Thanks very much. On question, though: At the rear of the striker itself, directly in front of the the striker cover, there is a tab protruding from it. I've heard from someone who says a dab of grease on the front of this tab would be good. Agree/disagree?

8th SPS USAF

Bearcat
I use Frog Lube only ,some use grease. I would push down on the tab, and make sure it is free, then, drop of lube. Others may differ on the tab?

jb1911

Bearcat
M1911A1 said:
8th SPS USAF said:
Thanks very much. On question, though: At the rear of the striker itself, directly in front of the the striker cover, there is a tab protruding from it. I've heard from someone who says a dab of grease on the front of this tab would be good. Agree/disagree?
That is part of the striker, a dab is a good thing there.

jstanfield103

Blackhawk
I grease the rails with synthetic grease, and a dab of synthetic oil on other points. I Love the LC9S great gun. I hated my LC9 sold it not long after purchasing it.

jb1911

Bearcat
jstanfield103 said:
I grease the rails with synthetic grease, and a dab of synthetic oil on other points. I Love the LC9S great gun.
I use Superlube on the rails. Are the rails made of plastic?