Ruger LC9 Striker Fired Coming Soon

Help Support Ruger Forum:

robkarrob

Bearcat
The following link shows Ruger's advertising for a new striker fired LC9. Ruger is currently saying that they currently do not offer a striker fired LC9. But someone managed to get hold of Ruger's description of the gun, and posted it on the internet. Click on the link for a PDF file of the description.

Bob

Ruger denies they have a striker fired LC9, but someone jumped the announcement and has one for sale on Gunbroker.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=432018573

Link to information: Ruger Forum

MountainWalker

Single-Sixer
HA, HA! Too funny, someone who doesn't know anything posted a LC9 for sale and calls it a striker weapon. Might as well have gotten some turn of the century Smith & Wesson description for a hammer-less, top break revolver.

FergusonTO35

Hunter
There are a few listings on GB and other sites which have this error, however one GB auction from a seller in Prescott, AZ (!) shows what looks like a Ruger product release ad with a picture of an LC9 with a safety tabbed trigger and somewhat different lines in the grip. Given their location I bet this seller was the beneficiary of a leak from Ruger. If this is for real, the mag safety can be removed, and it offers a trigger pull at least as good as the SR9 I might just bite.

One thing I wonder though: is the LC9 closer to the Kel-Tec PF9 or Glock 26 in terms of thickness and weight? I own a PF9 and have a 26 on layaway. I love the size of the PF9, however it has a very long DAO trigger pull and I feed it mild reloads because I do not think this pistol will do well with a steady diet of even factory 115 grain FMJ. The 26 of course gives up little or nothing to its full size counterparts in terms of durability and ease of shooting but I would have to lose another 20 pounds before I could carry it IWB as comfortably as my PF9. :oops:

MountainWalker

Single-Sixer
The LC9 appears to be an improved copy of the Kel Tech PF-9. Thickness of the LC9 is same as PF-9 and weight is 17 oz for the LC9. The G26 is right at 21oz, but a little thicker. Have you seen the excellent Blade Tech IWB Klipt Appendix Holster? This holster may allow you to comfortably wear the G26 now. It is very safe for Glocks as the trigger is covered and retention is excellent. Works well with 1.5" belts and can be worn 3, 4 o'clock and cross draw as well. Personally, don't consider Appendix carry very safe.
I like the fact that I can take the holster(with gun inside) off my belt and snap it back on my belt without ever removing the gun from the holster. The gun can stay in the holster, even loaded, for the night until the next day. It is a great holster/gun system!

http://shop.blade-tech.com/klipt-appendix-holster-c-1_13_22.html#.U9ejurFCypM

FergusonTO35

Hunter
Thanks. I carry my PF9 IWB in a Bianchi 100 Professional. Super comfortable and very easy to put on and off without removing the pistol. I prefer holsters with a metal clip because I have to leave my pistol in the car before walking into work, and the ability to put it on and off quickly while seated in my car is very important. This also means I select guns which easily fit within this limitation. Even though I could quite easily CCW my Service Six it would be a major hassle Monday through Friday. In cooler weather when I'm wearing a coat and can use a paddle holster I have more options.

robkarrob

Bearcat
The specs show the exterior dimensions are identical to the original LC9 and the same weight. To go from hammer fired to striker fired means a complete internal makeover to slide and lower. It still comes with the: magazine safety, external mag safety, and it is unknown if the LCI is still there. As with all striker guns, it will be easy to make changes to the trigger pull, with a little gun knowledge. The external safety can be easily removed, the magazine safety can be removed, and if the LCI is still there, it can be made to not lift.

From what I've seen the new striker fired trigger pull length is about half that of the original gun, and the pull weight is down to about 5 pounds. It appears the trigger at rest is in a similar position as the original LC9, and if this is correct, it means the trigger break point will be moved forward about 1/2 inch. That deep trigger break point was always my biggest issue with the original LC9. The break point was so far back (deep), that it was hard to pull it back comfortably to break, as the trigger finger must bend well past 90 degrees, to pull the trigger to break.

Bob

robkarrob

Bearcat
LCI is the loaded chamber indicator, the lever on the top of the slide. It raises up on one end, when there is a round in the chamber with the slide is closed and the chamber is locked into battery.

Bob