RugerForum.com

This is a Ruger Firearms enthusiast's forum, but it is in no way affiliated with, nor does it represent Sturm Ruger & Company Inc. of Southport, CT.
It is currently Mon Apr 21, 2014 8:39 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: LC9 Striker For 2014?
PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 11:43 pm 
Single-Sixer

I read where some Ruger Factory Reps. are saying they are introducing a striker fired LC9 at the 2014 SHOT Show. Anyone confirm this? :?

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 11:53 pm 
Buckeye

I have no inside information, but I have read the same thing.

Peter Hathaway Capstick

http://www.numberofabortions.com/

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 9:13 am 
Buckeye

Why ruin an perfectly good gun? :?:

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 11:55 am 
Buckeye

That's what many/most of us wanted in the first place. If they do come out with one I'll be happy to examine it at the shop but it would have to be one heckuva pistol to replace my Kahr CW9 and Kel-Tec PF9.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 1:12 pm 
Bearcat

I've read the same thing on three different forums. A few months ago, Ruger applied for trademarks for LC9S and LC9XT (among a number of others). The LC9S could be the striker-fired version if the rumors are true.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 11:21 am 
Bearcat

The new LC9 S

The S is for LC9 Sacagawea, It will be gold plated.

anyway.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 1:59 pm 
Single-Sixer

Of course, if I'd only waited a little longer...

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 3:27 pm 
Buckeye

I would give it a hard look for sure. I checked out the LC9 before I bought my Kel-Tec PF9. I thought it had a good feel and looked less chintzy than the PF9. Still, it had a super long trigger pull, unnecessary manual safety, and cost about $80.00 more. At the time alot of folks were reporting problems with the LC and I figured that if the PF9 was as good as my little P32 I would be satisfied so the PF9 came home with me. I shoot the PF9 quite well but would much prefer a striker fire system.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 6:25 pm 
Single-Sixer

Seems to me the trigger pull is the main reason folks don't like the LC9. I know I'm looking toward buying an S&W Shield in 9mm for my next gun purchase. If Ruger makes the LC9 in a striker-fired variant and it has a decent trigger pull, I'd be looking seriously at it as well. I'll have to wait and see, hopefully the announcement comes out before I'm ready to get the Shield.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 6:32 pm 
Buckeye

I examined the Shield too and felt rather non-plused by it. The Shield felt alot bigger than it actually is, almost like S&W took the M&P compact and flattened it like a pancake. The small 9mm I'm most impressed by, at least in terms of size and ergonomics, is the Springfield XDS. More than any other pistol I've encountered the XDS seems to be a true micro size version of the original. Of course, the jury is still out on whether the XDS will overcome the recall stigma and prove to be a good gun over the long haul.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2013 10:46 am 
Single-Sixer

I think the XDS is a nice gun but a little heavy for its size. It is also more $$$ than the shield or LC9. I would be happy with any of the three for a smaller CCW 9mm.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 9:39 am 
Single-Sixer

TucsonDirt wrote:
Seems to me the trigger pull is the main reason folks don't like the LC9. I know I'm looking toward buying an S&W Shield in 9mm for my next gun purchase. If Ruger makes the LC9 in a striker-fired variant and it has a decent trigger pull,

A striker fired LC9 would not be a "variant". Internally it would be a completely different firearm.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 10:07 am 
Bearcat

FergusonTO35 wrote:
That's what many/most of us wanted in the first place. If they do come out with one I'll be happy to examine it at the shop but it would have to be one heckuva pistol to replace my Kahr CW9 and Kel-Tec PF9.

I agree. My PM9, CW9, are the best I have owned. I sold my LC9 because of the trigger, and with the Galloway fix it was unreliable. A striker fired LC9 I would buy for the features not on the Kahrs.
Roger

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 2:38 pm 
Bearcat

I hope they do come out with another Model of the LC-9 The price would drop on the current one and I'd get Me 2 of them..

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 12:59 pm 
Buckeye

I'm still wondering why Ruger didn't just create a thin, single stack SR9 to begin with. I would think there would be less R&D needed and the new gun would add to an already very popular product line. I have an SR9 and its a great pistol although still a bit large and heavy for CCW so in 2012 I decided to get a smaller 9mm for carry. I did examine the LC9 and just didn't feel it possessed the same quality or value that my SR9c has. I went with the PF-9 and am very happy with it. it suits me better than the LC9 would have and is almost $100.00 less. Maybe the LC9s will change my mind, who knows.