While Out & About I Spotted A...............

Help Support Ruger Forum:

lovemydals

Buckeye
OM Blackhawk (BKH-36), s/n 113021 in a gun shop in NorCal. From my examination, it appears to be all original collector grade & has not been coverted. It has the XR3-RED marked grip frame, alloy ejector rod housing, triangular ejector rod & INC barrel address. No box or p/w. They are asking $399. If anyone is interested, let me know & I will pass along contact info.

lmd

flatgate

Hawkeye
Wow, I've not seen such a nice example priced that low around here!

I'm sure somebody here on the Forum will "snap it up"!

flatgate

HAWKEYE#28

Staff member
Good price. A month ago, I bought a similar gun, BKH34, SN 128xxx, with extra unumbered 357 cylinder, box, papers, cylinder box and bag, for $525. Did not need it, but cannot pass on a good deal and good gun........... 8)

WMB30

Single-Sixer
Couple days ago bought one like that, a BKH34, ser # 119xxx w/box and papers for $350. Also a No.1 ser # 131-102xx 22-250 looks as new unfired w/blocks and rings, very nice wood,no box or papers $500
I be happy
Bill

weaselmeatgravy

Staff member
HAWKEYE#28 said:
Good price. A month ago, I bought a similar gun, BKH34, SN 128xxx, with extra unumbered 357 cylinder, box, papers, cylinder box and bag, for $525.

Look a little sumpum like this, did it? 8)

071.jpg

weaselmeatgravy

Staff member
I called the auction house on that one to make sure they had the SN right since it didn't letter as an X. But sadly, they had it right. Then I realized the white cyl box was wrong to begin with, should be brown for that vintage.

What was the buyer's premium on-site? It was 20% online so that kind of took the wind out of my sails chasing it any higher.

HAWKEYE#28

Staff member
Probably a "put together" package, but the cylinder in the box matched the condition of the gun, so it is mated correctly now. NO BP on site, so I did not have to spend a bunch like we do in those Proxibid rip-offs..........It was listed as a convertible, so as to "not offend" the person who placed it for sale in the Auction . What ever that means............ :roll: Also bought/won some superb long flint spear points and was unsuccessful bidding on a wonderful archaic copper culture artifact collection...............Not as many bidders, but the ones there seemed tohave enough money and in some cases, not much knowledge....... 8)

weaselmeatgravy

Staff member
Wow, that is an unbelievable difference in the vig, from 0 to 20%. It is usually only a 3% difference to cover the online fees. I would have thought that at 20% for on-line, it would have been something like 15% on-site cash or 17% credit. They must really want to sell locally to avoid having to ship stuff!