Hawkeye African in 223

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Sugar River

Buckeye
Anybody have any production figures on this variation?

http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/product_info.php/manufacturers_id/369/products_id/411542360

I don't see it on the Ruger site. Is it really limited production?

Pete

HAWKEYE#28

Staff member
There have been two small runs, I am told. the second was quite recent. This is only the second time that a centerfire 223 bolt rifle has been built with both sights and rings. The first was a SS black synthetic stocked 77 MKII at the end of the run of MKII's. Is already a rare gun, either variety. 8)

SteelShooter

Single-Sixer
Think there may be an error on the website and the photo posted, based on the disclaimer below the photo.

From what I've seen a model 7199 is a HKM77LRBBZ in .270 WIN, looks like a left hand Hawkeye in stainless with a black on black laminated stock, (P. 80 & 82 of Reference of Ruger Firearms 8-1/2" x 11" version) so it may be worthwhile to double check with the Gun shop.

Interested in the .223 version of the MK77RSEX MKII (no known model number I'm aware of) if there are ones out there as well.

SteelShooter

Single-Sixer
Hawkeye,

Thanks, looked at the web page and the model listed there is a 7199, looks like they left off the "1" and should be a 17199.

Did some checking and sounds right based on MSRP I was quoted (big bucks).

Appreciate it!