Special NRA .45 Colt revolvers

Help Support Ruger Forum:

SteelShooter

Single-Sixer
Has anyone caught wind of what was described to me as a special set of NRA revolvers. Looks like there is a left and right serialized pair. Catalog seems to be NV-455-NRAR or NV-455-NRAL and what are they selling for.

Did a Google search and didn't come up with anything, also tried searching here.

Saw these at Cabela's Gun Room for $1,900 for the set and was wondering if this was for real?

Thanks!

flatgate

Hawkeye
pix266978684.jpg

Verrry Interesting.... especially since these three are s/n'd 636 .....

168996396.jpg

:D

flatgate

SteelShooter

Single-Sixer
Terry T & Flatgate.

Know at times the prices on GB are inflated, usually look at the sold auctions and bid count to get a more realistic price level. The NRA marked guns seem marginally popular but don't seem to be setting the barn on fire.

Did look in Rene but only saw a reference to a BNV-406 Vaquero at $605, but this is not the current model from 2009, it is mentioned in Chad's Reference of Ruger Firearms, but of course no prices.

What type of price range would a learned collector pay for a NIB pair with no trace of turn mark?

I want a set, but there are also a lot of other ones I'd like to pick up and don't want to "overspend"

All appreciated!

flatgate

Hawkeye
I dunno, I'm not very savvy about these commemoratives. I don't think they develop a lot of value in the long run, but, that's JMHO. I'll bow out to the more experienced New Model collectors......

flatgate

SteelShooter

Single-Sixer
Flategate,

With all th ephotos you post that make the rest of us drool, had kinda figured the pic of the NRAL gun #0636 was yours from the 2 gun set.

Hoping to hear from others who are going after the New Models, and what they would pop for a pair of these.

contender

Ruger Guru
Having worked a few NRA events where these sets of guns sold at auction,, I saw them sell for as little as $1200 a set to as much as $3500 a set. However the general average price was around the $1500 a set.

SteelShooter

Single-Sixer
Contender,

Much appreciated, that was what I was looking for, to just get a feel for the range so I don't let myself go crazy on price paid as haven't seen too much on these. Looks like prices being asked if they are NIB fall just above the average you're talking about, give me a god idea of what I'm willing to spend now.

Thanks!

contender

Ruger Guru
Glad to help.
I do know of one set that was won at a NRA event via a raffle. Then,, an enterprising person offered $850 for the set,, and got them. I offered him a profit of $150.