Ruger OEM Stag Grips - Value

Help Support Ruger Forum:

SteelShooter

Single-Sixer
Remembering a real enlightening comment think Flategate made about an RCA Single Six Bisley at auction, about the value of a standard Bisley plus the value of the Ruger stag grips, making things a pretty darn good deal in retrospect.

That being said, what is the approximate value of OEM Ruger real stag grips in the various configurations they came in.

Based on limited knowledge and what I've see, figure they came in at least the Bisley and XR3 configurations.

Looking for your insight on this

Thanks in advance!

flatgate

Hawkeye
Yup, Splitz has put the facts on the table.

Value? Around $500 these days....
65840143.jpg

flatgate

we never paid more than $275 and that was ONLY to Mr. JD., at one of the RCA /NRA shows some years back(Salt Lake City, Utah) we prefer to get them on a gun (sorry Flatgate,but last one was a 1956 flatgate, and it came with the stags and it cost us $250 for BOTH.....)
as for their current value $$$ wow, would be tough to pay that with so MANY 'fakes' out there, and its doesn't matter who is selling them, even the 'best' have been fooled........... :(

bottom line is if they are TOO perfect, a little warning bell should go off in your head......... :wink:

and YES, those 'Bisley ' style stags were supplied to the RCA by an outside vendor,possibly Eagle? if that was the company in new York we were told.

seeemmiss

Single-Sixer
Rugerguy, next set you get for $250 on the gun, I will give you your money back anytime you want it. I will even throw in double shipping if it will help. HAHA

Jody

Hondo44

Hawkeye
You sure can't get stag like that anymore except on Randall knives.
Were Ruger's stag grips in anyway marked to the gun? Would there be an indication on my box?
I ask because I have an RSS4 # 173561, .22 4 5/8" barrel from probably early 1961 with a set of Ruger stags. I don't think walnut was available until around # 1884XX so stags might have been a person's only option to black hard rubber at that time.

Thx,

flatgate

Hawkeye
Hondo,

Ruger began selling walnuts as accessories in late '55/early '56 IIRC. They didn't appear as "standard equipment" until the introduction of the .44 Flattops in late Summer/early Fall of '56.

The Staq and Ivory grips were NEVER cataloged as "coming installed" on the guns. Sure, some special orders were shipped with "fitted" stags and, more likely, ivory, but in general the fancy grips were intended to be sold as "owner installed accessories".

Inspection of early catalogs and price sheets provides this info.

Again, there ARE exceptions and many that are legit will have Factory provenance.

JMHO,

flatgate

119416764.jpg

I cherish this pair of grips!