Serial # range for RST "Red Eagle"

Help Support Ruger Forum:

flatgate

Hawkeye
Red Eagles? You REALLY, REALLY need to find a copy of Chad Hiddleson's fantastic book on the early Ruger .22 cal. Autos.............

flatgate

Three50seven

Buckeye
Ok....am i missing something? I know the earliest .22 autos (and maybe some single sixes??) had a red Eagle emblem and then they switched them to black after Alexander Sturm died, making the red eagle guns pretty rare. Is that correct? I'll try to find a copy of that book.

nope, only the early 'RST's and first MKI targets, as the Single Sixes came out much later, after Alex Sturm passed away...yes, there were "pictures" ( artwork actually) on covers of national magazines, of Ruger revolvers having a red eagle medallion in the grip panels and we see them at gun shows from time to time, cause folks have NO CLUE....(when the paint wore off or was cleaned out of the eagle), why not paint them with whatever was 'handy' :roll:

yes, all the above info is "in the books....." if word of mouth, then it is "Ruger lore....." 8)

street

Hunter
You also need to know that some T-678, and T-514, from serial numbers 25000 to 29999 had Black Eagle grips.