Couple interesting Auto's RST4 and RST6

Help Support Ruger Forum:

RPM Enterprises

Buckeye
Serial numbers on these two are interesting. RST4 serial number 10-09495 also features an upside down rollmark :shock: RST6 serial number 10-94950 shipped with factory walnut grip panels. :) The zero's are just switched :lol:

2011calendar579.jpg

2011calendar575.jpg

2011calendar574.jpg

2011calendar577.jpg

fredrx

Single-Sixer
Interesting finds to say the least. I don't know that I would have ever picked up on the swapped zero unless you pointed it out.

Rick: What's up with the light/polished-out serial number rollmark on the RST-6? The one I have from the same era looks the same. Some of the digits are very faint and incomplete. At first I thought my gun had been re-finished but the other rollmarks are fine. Here's a pic:
IMG_1375.jpg

Nice pair there 'rpm'.....neat...
as for the srial numbers as can be easily seen in the above pictures, the stamping fixture allowed for misalignment, , uneven spacing and in the case of the "10" prefix, different number dies for the 'stamp' itself, look at the "0" different fonts........plus the "bounce"?? shift of the "10" on the upper pictures.....may have come from a different supplier/vendor, stamps (dies) are just that.
the lower serial numbers the "10" is heavy, and the last two digits are a bit heavier...NOT signs of a "reblue".............besides, the lighter ones may have been polished a bit MORE before they were "blued" for the first time....

radicalrod

Hunter
Rick, Gosh glad to see some one else finds pleasure in numbers that mean absolutely nothing to anyone else......it may not sound like it BUT believe me when I say I understand :lol: :lol: :lol: see ya RR.