Ruger flattop ?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Tim Chissom

Bearcat
I have a chance to buy a 4 digit .357 4 5/8" bbl. Flattop that the frame has started to turn that rose color that happens. Does it distract from the value much. I would say its 95% condition.

Thanks,

Tim

flatgate

Hawkeye
My .357's aren't very "plum" but, boy oh boy, I have a .44 Super that's kinda neat.

357690092.jpg

flatgate

flatgate

Hawkeye
Tim,

For those folks that suffer from "Serial Number Paranoia" I'll suggest you state the entire number and replace the last digit with a Zero or a pic of a favorite animal or something ...

Or, hmm, I bought this ol' clunker from a FFL dealer and I had a FFL at the time....
217501463.jpg

My last comment/question.... do you put a piece of tape over your Car's VIN number on the dashboard in fear of something evil happening?

JMHO,

flatgate

Tim Chissom

Bearcat
Well guys after seeing this Flattop in person looks like a reblue and it appears to have been tapped on the top strap with a small hammer or something. Been carried alot. I guess my definition of 95% is different than others. Thanks for all of the advice.

Tim

would have to "see" the gun close up, but thats one of the "bubba" techniques for filling in a drilled and tapped screw hole, put in a 'screw' and tap the thing down 'flat'.....doooh
as I always tell folks if it LOOKS reblued, then it probably was..........a proper job, does NOT......... :wink:

A low four-digit Flattop is still a low four-digit Flattop. Even as a shooter, it has some appeal. Depends on what you like and are willing to pay for.

Can you share the serial number with us?

:)

Tim Chissom

Bearcat
I think the serial number was 1392. It was not D&Ted with screws peened down. It just looked like the top strap was hit several times with something. The frame screws were buggered up a little and various size scratches on it. The frame was greying out and there appeared to be some holster wear on the cylinder that could have been touched up. Not a bad piece for a shooter. Just not what I was looking for.

well then it does sound like a "shooter" and now it would depend on "how much", and just what it would need to maker 'er "whole again..."
some like 'character', some like 'em "nice"...big difference in the price....
hey, that rhymes!!

again, really would have to see it, but a 4 digit is just that.......limbo land.

But if it don't "float your boat", best to let 'er be.........

1392 has appeared here recently. It is listed on Bob's List as having been seen here. Have no idea who owned it, or if it was listed in the Classifieds, or just done as a "show and tell", but perhaps a member can shed some light on it, if they care to.

:)