Collecting has been good this year

Help Support Ruger Forum:

contender

Ruger Guru
Along with the 35 yr quest ending,, I've managed to score a few other nice guns this year. Two of them are highlighted here.
First,, I stumbled upon a solid 98% OM 45 Colt with a 7-1/2" bbl, boxed for a very fair price,, and was lucky enough to be able to get it after a little wait.

HawkMach2elk006.jpg

The next one was a nice gun I didn't expect. The 17HMR/17 Mach2 Hunter convertable. Again,, when you least expect them,, they come along.

HawkMach2elk007.jpg

contender

Ruger Guru
WMG,, Nahh,,,,,,, I have several NM's as well. The OM's are trying to teach them a thing or two,, but the NM's keep on sticking out their tongues and spouting about how they are low production variations,,,! Or, how slicked up they are,,,! :D

americal

Hunter
MAN---- do I like that long barrel 45--I have never seen one in person seen lots of Hawkeyes :lol: but not that 45-model :!: NICE grips on it --thats a ++++

contender

Ruger Guru
Geeze americal,, I have 2 of the 7-1/2" bbled OM 45's,, and they were easier to find at a fair price than any Hawkeyes! That 45 was at a dealers shop who said he'd had it out for a while,, but it seemed that nobody wanted it,, until I came along and negotiated it's liberation from him!

Cholo

Staff member
2010 has been my best year for getting some old handguns I didn't even know I needed; and it's not over yet! You've done well contender!

Rocdoc

Buckeye
That 17HMR/17 Mach2 Hunter convertable is very cool, love to find one of those some day.