Shooter flattop value?? Pics added.....

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Axehandle

Buckeye
Look a little harder. Isn't the purpose of the bird we see, and like :D , on the current standard BH sight base just to hide the injection point of a MIM part.. My NM FTs are still marked "Micro" only... No bird.

americal

Hunter
Ale-8(1) said:
Heckuva nice "shooter".

Even has a little "lightning" there on the right side of the frame.

:)
+1 --- you could work out the ding a little (if it bothers you ) & cold blue the spot :) it is a NICE shooter :!:

AkRay

Single-Sixer
I wonder how a revolver gets a ding like that? It doesn't look as bad as I was thinking it would be. That looks like one that should be at home on someone's hip, in a nice leather holster.

ltapd204

Single-Sixer
AkRay said:
I wonder how a revolver gets a ding like that? It doesn't look as bad as I was thinking it would be. That looks like one that should be at home on someone's hip, in a nice leather holster.

Yep! Can't wait to get it to the range and hunting lease. Should arrive early next week. I will post a range report as soon as I can. :D

Since the rear sight is in question, and may have been replaced by a non-original version, one wonders whether whatever event caused the "ding" on the topstrap perhaps also "dinged" the original sight.

Still a heckuva nice "shooter".

ltapd204

Single-Sixer
Ale-8(1) said:
Since the rear sight is in question, and may have been replaced by a non-original version, one wonders whether whatever event caused the "ding" on the topstrap perhaps also "dinged" the original sight.

That is what Heliman and I discussed over the telephone.

Ale-8(1) said:
Still a heckuva nice "shooter".

Luckily I was in the market for an old model shooter and this is going to work out perfectly. The fact it is a flattop is even better.

Just patiently waiting on the USPS to deliver the package.

ltapd204

Single-Sixer
It arrived today! A big thanks to Dave aka "Heliman" for an awesome find then selling to me for a great price!! :D

I have been looking for a shooter at a good price for a long time.

Absolutely the best trigger I have ever had on a single action! Can't wait to get to the range. Will post a range report in a few days.

ltapd204

Single-Sixer
I had the chance to run out to the range for a few minutes this afternoon. I think she shoots pretty good.

This is from the 15 yard line using an old box of cheap Blazer Aluminum 125 grain JHP's (magnums) and was the best group I shot.

web.jpg

Sorry about the poor photo.

I do believe this old flattop is a keeper! :D