2 vintage ruger's at CT Cabelas not outrageous prices eith

Help Support Ruger Forum:

It's in a correctly labeled wood box now and fits perfect. Might not have come that way but still a nice package, Chet's reference ID's the case to 8650 so it wouldn't surprise me if it is legit.

I corresponded with Chad who said the sn in the guide is a known correct as it came from the original owner so it's not like SN 8650 is cast in stone as the last one. My impression is nobody really knows what SN is the last one. Regardless, fortuitously in yesterday's mail I got a coupon for 100 bucks off for any purchase over 500. I have a Cabela's Visa card. Needless to say, though I really didn't need it, The SBH has a new home. It looks good next to the other SBH in the mahogany box SN 299. I asked Cabela's to contact the person they got it from to see if there was any pertinent history or if they were the original owner and if the box and gun came together

flatgate

Hawkeye
I wish you good luck with the Provenance. I've s/n 5684. High Polish, nickled hinges.

88166654.jpg

How do I "letter" this gun?

:D

flatgate

Latest info from Cabellas in NE says this gun along with 6 or 7 just like it with the boxes came into them from the Rex Dunlap estate. This was several years ago. The Cabella's guy in CT says the State of origin was Wyoming. Flatgate you should have known about these

Latest posts