A neat vintage magazine..

Help Support Ruger Forum:

mike722

Buckeye
392216135.jpg

392216136.jpg

I've seen a photo of this magazine before here, but finally found myself a copy the other day.. An article in Gunfacts by the father of Ruger collecting, Fred Davis.. Along with a group of fine Rugers on the cover, he writes a nice article, showing quite a few Rugers with his subscription number, serial number 51..
I gotta show this to this guy I know who lives just down the road, who happens to have a few of these very same number 51s pictured!

chet15

Hawkeye
Yeah, those 51's are spread around a little. We've got the gun at the top of the page at right as well as that matching SBC4 that wasn't shipped until two years after this particular Gunfacts was printed. :)
Chet15

El Numero Uno

Buckeye
mike722,
Good find; these old Gunfacts don't turn up very often. Every serious Ruger collector needs one; it was the first anything ever published on Rugers and had info that no one knew at the time-like the 4&5/8" Super Single Six. I first saw a copy in about 1971 and it took a few years to get a copy back then.
I had them all once; now only have that Stag .357 at top right, the Single Six, and the No.1 rifles, #50 & 51. Actually, noted somewhere, is that the N0.1 and M77 pictured on the Cover were not #51; Fred Davis did not have these when the article was published. I think the M77 was #14, written up in a later issue. #14 had vertical rings and a hood on the front sight.

flatgate

Hawkeye
November '69 Gunfacts. Rifle/Handgun combo issue.

53928923.jpg

The Back Cover shows a OM Super Blackhawk out of the Fred Davis collection.
53928947.jpg

It's one of the rare "goofs" with a 6-1/2" barrel. It's one of the most interesting Super Blackhawks I own!!
:D

flatgate

americal

Hunter
Guys that is a new one to me,thanks for the pictures--I see one of my favorite RSS's the XR3-RSS9 :) Never heard of Gunfacts --sure looked to be a fine magazine --It does say SERIOUS students of the gun---which left me out back then for sure :!:

americal

Hunter
HAWKEYE#28 said:
As far as I am concerned, this magazine was, and remains to be, one of the best firearms publications ever printed. I was an initial subscribor and have a full set. Had multiple full sets at one time............. 8)
THAT IS 8)