Ruger Road Trip 2010

Help Support Ruger Forum:

radicalrod

Hunter
Well I am once again spending my birthday in Red Wing MN.....10 inches of rain could not stop the mighty RUGER chasers.....it slowed us down a bit as several bridges were shut....Dale, Jerry, and me (RR) hit the road for the Hutchinson MN show.....it was rumored that the elusive HAWKEYE 28 may be spotted :lol: :lol: :lol: I was nervous with the anticipation of meeting such an esteemed RUGER afficiano :shock: :shock: :shock: Well Jerry and myself wandered the entire show and were 2 tables from the end of the show when I spotted a sign that stated "HAWKEYES, ENGRAVED SINGLESIXES, and 357/44 FLAT TOPS WANTED"......I was sure I had found the right table :D :D :D I asked if anyone knew much about RUGERS :roll: :roll: :roll: as I had a few questions I needed answered......well we figured out all the answers and it was a true pleasure to meet THE MAN, THE MYTH, THE LEGEND.......MIKE I wish I could have spent more time BSing......see ya again sometime I hope....RR.

hdonlybob

Single-Sixer
Mike is truely a one of a kind.
Glad you finally met him, as I too have had the pleasure....
Cheers,
HD
392150353.jpg

Coogs

Maximum
RR, was GJ in attendance?? :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: Or do I need to round him up for next show??? Love ya RR, Coogs.

radicalrod

Hunter
Hey COOGS, the answer is YES...for medicinal purposes only.....I need to calm my nerves after looking at all the GOOD STUFF in the "DUNGEON" :lol: :lol: :lol: I would suggest you bring a "BACK UP"......see ya RR.

Johnnu2

Hunter
The GREAT ONE was my hero when I saw his tracker-seat collection...!! Or maybe it was when I had to convince him not to buy a tracker when he only had a one car garage....(?) Which was full of his glass insulator, arrowhead, copper, brass collection and his ..... well you get the idea :)

HAWKEYE#28

Staff member
Rod, was absolutely great to have you, NDR, and Dale show up at my tables at the hutchinson, MN Annual Elks' Gun Show. Could've knocked me over with a feather when i looked up and saw you and Jerry standing there, all a-grin........Loved the stories and tales of acquisition and near misses! Seems we all remember the one that got away by some stroke of the blade or reaper. I think your visit was the high point of the show! I am wondering if Dale finally let you guys take any goodies out of his fortress basement offices? Yes, we all need to meet again. All the Best, MIKE
John,Those were cast iron implement seats.........Still have a few. They came off of horse drawn plows and such. Not many left to be found, what with collectors, war scrap drives and farm grove cleanups.......And yes, I still chase darn near anything. You'd love the all aluminum scale model "Spirit of St Louis " airplane I bought Friday PM during the show setup. :wink: I rather miss those Spanyada and cheese dip reveries we had in my back porch many years ago...I still treasure that Kudlas engraved 357 Blackhawk you sold me. :D

HAWKEYE#28

Staff member
hdonlybob said:
Mike is truely a one of a kind.
Glad you finally met him, as I too have had the pleasure....
Cheers,
HD
392150353.jpg

HD, St Dorothy has promised a big batch of her kolatches if you ever show up....I will await your presence. You should consider doing the Minnesota Weapons Collectors' 800 table Trophy show in St Paul, the last weekend of October. 8) 8)

Latest posts