50th Anniversary .44 Flat Top

Help Support Ruger Forum:

BlackEagle

Blackhawk
I am looking at getting another 50th Anniversary .44 Flat Top and I have a question about the the "goodies" that are supposed to be included. The one I have did not come with a book, but I have been told that it should have. Before I commit to buying another one I would like to know what exactly the whole package should include. Can someone please list all the things that I need to look for in a complete package.
Thanks in advance.

flatgate

Hawkeye
Hmm, book? I know I have CRS and sure don't remember a book. Owner's Manual? You bet.

OK, I ran downstairs to the Dungeon.

Owner's Manual, 50 year booklet, Ruger Accessories flyer, Business Reply Card, keys and a little piece of "oil wrap" paper.

One 6-1/2" .44 cal. Revolver, too..... :D However, it's no longer in "original condition".......

50thShooterLR.jpg

flatgate

BlackEagle

Blackhawk
Thanks! Mine came in a plastic bag, no oil wrap, but all the other stuff I think. A good friend was telling me that he had seen one for sale back when they were new, and it came with a big "coffee table book."I was planning on customizing mine a bit too, but there is something about it that makes me want to leave it as is...I can't quite put my finger on whatever it is that's stopping me. I think the .44 magnum Flat Tops are the best looking .44 magnums ever made (pretty amazing sice they were also the first). Yours looks sharp. What trigger is that? Did you have to make any adjustments to make it work with that nice counter-bored cylinder?

flatgate

Hawkeye
jfmcco said:
What trigger is that? Did you have to make any adjustments to make it work with that nice counter-bored cylinder?

Sharp Eyes! :D

The trigger is something out of my parts bin. I heated it and bent it a wee bit and reduced it's length. I had to so it would fit within the trigger guard of that Super Blackhawk grip frame! I cut and reshaped the "square backed" trigger guard so it was "round".

That original ('56-'62) .44 cylinder just dropped right in....and the Ruger Bisley hammer was an easy addition after I removed the "hump".

When I get it "fine tuned" I'll have it all refinished.

flatgate

PS "Coffee Table Book"? Must be Wilson's Ruger and His Guns!

chet15

Hawkeye
jfmcco said:
A good friend was telling me that he had seen one for sale back when they were new, and it came with a big "coffee table book.

No coffee table book with this gun. Don't believe Ruger's ever done that with any of their production guns. Lyman Centennial 1 of 100 #1 maybe??
Chet15