value of clock

Help Support Ruger Forum:

RD18

Single-Sixer
Any help the clock is wood frame about 13" x 15" with Ruger 30 years of Ruger firearms 1949 -1979 clock hands are located lower right Thanks Russ

circlergrugers

Vaquero
Here you go Russ.
IMG_1055.jpg

circlergrugers

Vaquero
Yes, I will take the serial numbers, as I'm trying to see what the serial number range is out there and close in on how many may really be out there. Thanks, Hank

Not sure if everyone knows the story on these clocks. They were made from Garrard turntable frames. An employee took it upon himself to make the clocks. I believe he already had them made when he took the idea to Bill Ruger. Bill hated them because he thought they were cheaply made. They were sold somehow (but not by Ruger).

I purchased this example from a former Ruger employee many years ago (he had a half dozen still in the boxes). I was told it was NIB (original box) - so I figured it would be in a Ruger marked box. I was surprised when I received it in the Garrard box. I contacted the seller and he stated that it was the original box that these were sold in. I was not sure and ran it by Chad and he related the above story to me. Anyway here is the pictures of the clock and box. In answer to your question - I believe I sold this one for $250 earlier this year.
clock1.jpg

clockbox.jpg

clockcard.jpg

clocktab.jpg

clock.jpg

chet15

Hawkeye
Yes...those are the correct boxes. There wasn't any need for the maker to have "RUGER" boxes printed up when he had all those "GARRARD" turntable boxes available.
I think I'd heard 750 of those made, but have never documented the highest #. Will have to check the one on Dad's wall. We had several but kept the lowest number we came across.
Chet15

chet15

Hawkeye
Ours is #436.
I'd think at least $150 for one of these but I haven't heard of anybody selling one or even one available to purchase for a long time. Might be whatever the market will bear. Since the ebay thing some prices have really dropped but others have went through the roof. The clock you don't see very often so I'd think it would be one of the better memorabilia items.
Chet15

lovemydals

Buckeye
Chet15,

I'm almost positive mine is #700435. We now have a consecutive pair? I recently bought mine from jussbad & I don't recall the price. Need to check my notes when I get home.

lmd

PS. Update: The clock s/n is indeed #700435.
PSS. I paid $160 for mine.