Ohio Highway state patrol anniversary guns

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Dbl Auto

Single-Sixer
Gentlemen, I need some info on the Ohio Highway State patrol guns. The 50th anniversary Ruger Security Six in .357 was done in 1983 and I believe that a S & W 40th anniversary was done in 38 special. If anybody would be so kind as to show some pics and current value, I would really appreciate it. I would think that not many were made as I have not seen many. I recently saw the Remington 870 that was done for the 50th at Jaquas Fine Guns and have become interested in these.
Thanks!!
Doug

last one we sold for a 'retired' state troopers estate, was $550 and it had the buckle with it also.some had their badge numbers on the gun & buckle...around the same time was the Police marksman association 'set" redhawk and matching number Security Six....we've had 'em both, sold them years ago...gotta find another 'trooper' who may be interested.......yes, the 'retired trooper we helped, his name was Hank Williams... :wink:

chet15

Hawkeye
Here's what I have on that one from the reference:

GA-36HT "Ohio State Police" Commemorative revolver. Known s/n range 159-03427 to 159-19723. Features Ohio State Police 50th Anniversary logo on left side of cylinder frame under recoil shield at separately stamped serial number in front of the seal ranging from OSP 0001 to at least OSP 4350. At least some of these came in a wood box with red velvet "french" fit type interior and "STATE HIGHWAY PATROL OHIO" embroidered patch. At least 4,350 made. Note that the Ruger company also produced s/n 159-55023 (which is OSP 4350) for the factory reference set (now in a private collection). Note that this gun is consecutively serial numbered to GA-36T "Sunnyvale Department of Public Safety" s/n 159-55022).

Chet15

don't forget the serial number "OSP 0000", hand our hands on that one, and as I recall, Doris C ended up with it, that was way back in 1984..was supposed to be the "salesmans sample"......and the Commandant of the OSP at the time had it.....came to the NRA convention, and from what we recall, Kirk Timms( the salesman) sold it to them , as well as with a pair of 'sample' factory ivory grips........then it went to a small gun shop in Mantua,Ohio..................the shop closed years ago, he worked for Ford in the area, and lost track of him, the shop, the "guns, etc..........brings back "memories" what say yee, Robert ( and may Doris rest in peace...)
anyway there were a few different Ohio Highway patrol commemerative guns, as said above, the S&W model 10 .38 special, and the Remington 870 ,maybe even an 1100...??f forgot, its been a while......

A

Anonymous

I am a retired LE and happen to have that Anniversary 6" Stainless Ruger in a wooden red felt lined Presentation box. Also have the belt buckle and a pen knife. Anyone interested in pictures let me know and I will endeavor to get them to you. I am also willing to sell the weapon, it has never been fired and has been in shipping boxes since I bought it in early 1980's. Make an offer.

T.A. WORKMAN

Hunter
One of my dealers has a retired LEO who has five
guns NIB all consecutive that may come up for sale.
I've been trying to get a peek at them for about a year
now.
Terry