3rd Day..........Type I Flattop Blackhawk

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Actually, this is a continuation of Sunday's activities. A friend found a Blackhawk and wanted to know if I was interested. I asked him if it was a 3 screw, yes. Was it a flattop, yes. Was it converted, no. How much, I asked, $450. I told him to buy it. Turns out it is a Type I with a low 4digit SN, 2344. Has a nice plum on the frame. Some bluing wear, maybe 90%?
TypeI001.jpg

TypeI002.jpg

TypeI003.jpg

TypeI008.jpg

001.jpg

Dave :)

radicalrod

Hunter
WOW, are you sure you aren't sitting at RUGERGUY's table ????? Wait Dan would have passed at 450 :lol: :lol: :lol: because it doesn't have FACTORY STAGS on it :shock: :shock: :shock: NICE FIND...see ya RR

El Numero Uno said:
Wow!
Now just where is this Show that you are finding all these good Ruger deals??

Mostly local smallish shows and the local internet. This revolver was on the internet all weekend without one response. What is neat is the guy may have the box somewhere.......hope so! :D He was the original owner.

Dave

way to go, you are on a roll.....
Hey radical, that flatop 357 we bought actually had factory ivory grips on it, and I did pay $575 for it...I 'think' Bob C still has the gun, Laura has the grips.
I should have walked over and bought that mahogany cased, 4 digit Super , with the shipping sleeve for $599,but hell, I ain't greedy............
at least a GOOD guy was able to take it home...... :wink:

I notice old Dave never invites me to any of these cool local shows! He just snags stuff then dangles it in front of my nose! Oh well, he DID let me talk him out of the old model 4 5/" 41 so I can't complain too much. :D

Robb Barnes said:
I notice old Dave never invites me to any of these cool local shows! He just snags stuff then dangles it in front of my nose! Oh well, he DID let me talk him out of the old model 4 5/" 41 so I can't complain too much. :D

Hey Robb, do you ever do the Albany show in March and September?? There are lots of Ruger goodies there. Some of the folks only do that show and no others. They have lots of neat stuff that is never seen by other folks. Give it a try next spring!

Dave :wink:

I try to catch the Albany show at least once a year. A good friend of mine is head of the Albany Gun Club so he always lets me know when it comes up.

The trouble with me going to shows is that being a converter rather than a collector, finding a good starter gun is just the beginning of the outlay. Not to worry though, the OM 41 is safe from the conversion/custom knife.

Here is what that guns twin ended up looking like.
IMG_0172.jpg

Robb, I remember seeing some of your remarkable revolvers and have to say that your approach does them justice. Maybe we can hook up next spring? I will be there as an exhibitor with a friend from Eugene.

Later,
Dave

Let's plan on that Dave. I have always thought it would be fun to get a table just to let folks see some of the things they can have done to a Ruger if they want to personalize them a bit. Maybe that would be a perfect time to do that.