Recipe for instant Ruger collection: Just add $27,500

Help Support Ruger Forum:

fredrx

Single-Sixer
65 Rugers, all with serial numbers ending in 00038; plus, a nice lot of memorabilia -- it all went for $27.5K. My finger and toe math tells me the winning bidder got a great deal and would stand to make a handsome profit if he/she decided to break up the collection:
SN0038.jpg

RImem.jpg

BlkHawk73

Hunter
I'd be happy with a couple of the "goodies". The old mug, and another pewter shot glass... had to have been more. 8)

Who was #38 ?

radicalrod

Hunter
Hey talked with RIA guys in RENO.....mentioned my feelings on selling all at one price..great for the buyer....kinda sad for the seller......just over 400 average.....but it was over quick......see ya RR.

chet15

Hawkeye
Yes...that's the way these low # newer models usually go. If a guy has the patience to sell one at at a time over a period of several months, he could probably come out pretty good on them.
If you ask me though, two-digit guns is two-digit guns. Every one of them has huge profit potential considering the prices the OM's go for.

I see a couple more long tie bars with cufflinks there in the black boxes. Makes about four sets known like that now.
Chet15

chet15

Hawkeye
Back to the top...
and, I don't think this collection sold. Is not listed on the prices realized list anyway. Bet the consigner still owns them.
The KAC556F went for $8050.
I suspect somebody also got a good deal on the M77RS in .458 sn 770-98221. First of all, have not heard of a 77RS in .458 with this high a serial number, in fact not even close (73-72190 is the highest noted and that is an RSC). Suspect this might have had something to do with the employee who listed the #38's but not sure. Anyway, it was sold with a 77V in .220 for $1,380 for both rifles.
Chet15

fredrx

Single-Sixer
chet15 said:
Back to the top...
and, I don't think this collection sold. Is not listed on the prices realized list anyway. Bet the consigner still owns them.
The KAC556F went for $8050.
I suspect somebody also got a good deal on the M77RS in .458 sn 770-98221. First of all, have not heard of a 77RS in .458 with this high a serial number, in fact not even close (73-72190 is the highest noted and that is an RSC). Suspect this might have had something to do with the employee who listed the #38's but not sure. Anyway, it was sold with a 77V in .220 for $1,380 for both rifles.
Chet15

I watched the live webcast of the auction on Proxibid. It happened fast, but it looked like there were a couple of bids, then it was over. Auction took 30 seconds max from beginning to end. Here's a screenshot of the closed auction taken off Proxibid that shows the lot as "SOLD". I'm pretty sure that when something doesn't sell (like not meeting the reserve), it would display as "PASSED":

0038Auction.jpg

chet15

Hawkeye
Not sure why the winning bid isn't listed on their prices realized list then. Maybe the lot is listed somewhere else on that sheet.
Chad

fredrx

Single-Sixer
chet15 said:
Not sure why the winning bid isn't listed on their prices realized list then. Maybe the lot is listed somewhere else on that sheet.
Chad

I checked RIA's searched RIA's website and you're correct in that lot #592 is missing from their closed auctions list. Maybe it is still available? Buyer or seller backed out? Anyone know for certain?

chet15

Hawkeye
The collection didn't sell. Received a phone call a couple days ago from a Ruger distributor who said the owner of the #38's had contacted them about the best way to dispose of them.
Chet15

radicalrod

Hunter
So sold to onsite must mean they have someone in attendance that does their "DIRTY WORK".......gosh I have never heard of such a thing....
they need to call 1 800 POTATO FARMER :lol: :lol: :lol: .......see ya RR.

BlkHawk73

Hunter
mattsbox99 said:
I'd just like that Trap Red Label! I'd be shooting it though...

It's a Ruger Trap Model not a Red label. Same standard design but a different model none the less. #73 resides here. :)