When do 2 digit and 3 digit serial numbers matter -new model

Help Support Ruger Forum:

SteelShooter

Single-Sixer
Have seen the stickies for the 50th year Bearcat, Blackhawk, and Super Blackhawk.

Question is when do single, 2 and 3 digit serial numbers factor into a value increase to the collectors?

If you have a Super Blackhawk or Bearcat, does it matter it it is

XXX-XXXX1 to 9, XXX-XXX10 to 99, or XXX-XX100 to 999

How much of a premium does it add specific to these. Did not see a premium number in RENE for the Super Blackhawk, bit it did appear for the .357 and .44 50yh Year Blackhawk 2-digit adder .357 = $230/ .44 = $160

Was wondering how this impacts other models, specifically the SBC4-50 &
S-47N-50. It looks like the 3 digits only matte in old models?????

Thanks for the continued education! :p

contender

Ruger Guru
It all comes down to production numbers,, and subscriber numbers.
As always,, any OM's are always gonna command a better premium,, unless it's a very low production item.
Yes,, true single digit,, or double digit serial numbers do command a bit more IN GENERAL. But it also has to be in a firearm desired by many,, owned by few,,,!

chet15

Hawkeye
yep, contender has it right. Demand plays the biggest part and there are a lot fewer newer model Ruger collectors out there than for those who collect pre 1973 stuff.
Having had experience selling two digit collections, it was darn tough getting between dealer and retail for them.
single digit stuff would be a lot easier sell as long as you can find the buyer. And three digit stuff to me would generally collect no premium, unless you find somebody who a certain piece really trips their trigger.
Chet15

jmfc606

Single-Sixer
I'm STILL looking for serial number 606. It was my badge # for 23 years so it means something to me. I would prefer an O/M but beggers can't be choosers. I'll take one or 2 of each if I ever find them. I even have that Ruger Guru Bill Hamm on the case!!! lol.

flatgate

Hawkeye
jmfc606 said:
I'm STILL looking for serial number 606

Awww, here's some with s/n 636...........

168996396.jpg

'55 vintage .357 and the two 50th Anniv. Blackhawks.

flatgate

jmfc606

Single-Sixer
Flatgate,

Close! So close! Can we make that 3 look like a 0?? lol. Someday I'll find one, and yes I guarentee I'll pay too much for it for it. At least I didn't have badge # 100! I'd NEVER get one of those would I :oops: