Question re: Practical Holsters for the SBH

Help Support Ruger Forum:

cubrock

Blackhawk
Did the Super Blackhawk take its own Practical Holster, or does a holster marked for 6.5-7.5" Blackhawks work? Thanks!

Sam Johnson

Blackhawk
Ruger did not have a Practical holster for the SBH.. Because of the larger grip frame on the SBH I don't think the 7.5 " Blackhawk holster will fit well. The flap may not fasten. Maybe someone will do a test for us.

cubrock

Blackhawk
I have the holster, but not the gun. I was thinking the grip frame might be an issue. Thanks for the responses!

chet15

Hawkeye
The 7-1/2" Cathey holsters also work with the OM Super Blackhawk. They look identical to the Bianchi holster except have a little different marking on the loop and aren't marked Bianchi.
There might have been fewer of those made though than the Old Army Bianchi holster.
Chad

Johnnu2

Hunter
Just FYI......I have a Ruger Practical Holster for a 7 1/2" OM SBH. I assume it was mfg'd by Cathey since it doesn't have the Bianchi name on it. The back of the belt loop is indeed marked "SUPER BLACKHAWK 7 1/2" BARREL". The leather is darker than my Bianchi 4 5/8" Practical holster; the big one is more of an oxblood and the small one is brownish. John N.

flatgate

Hawkeye
Thanks, Jonnu2, that confirms my memory that INDEED Ruger marketed holsters for the Supers!

I have a few holsters in my dungeon, however I don't have a very good "list"....

flatgate

Johnnu2

Hunter
Glad to be able to give back a little something here at the Forum....J.N.