OM SBH grips?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Steve Myers

Single-Sixer
I am looking for a set of Old Model SBH grips and grip screw.

Just found out that my SBH is a 1973 - first year production of the New Model SBH. No safety warning on the barrel (started 1978), and has the correct 1972 OM cylinder with the recessed case rims.

The grips I have for it have shiny/aluminum(?) grip screw and fittings. They should be blackened screw/fittings.

Would also trade the grip set I have. Thanx

flatgate

Hawkeye
102016401.jpg

"Squashed Chicken" medallions with blued screw and escutcheons. The above Old Army has the same grips.

flatgate

JMHO, but I'd think if it's actually a New Model (with an 81-prefix serial number or later) it should have the New Model grip panels, which is apparently what you have.

Like I said, JMHO. If it were mine, that's how I'd want it.

:)

flatgate

Hawkeye
Ale,

Nope, left over OM grips and medallions and escutcheons would be correct for a '73 vintage NM Super.

As stated, just like my Old Army with the Factory Installed Brassie.

:D

flatgate

Steve, if you have to just swap out the hardware on your grips, we had to do that for one of the forum Members ( name will NOT be released) cause he ran into the same problem, but his was still an "old model Super, so we just swapped things around while he stood there and looked pretty ,watching for any good deals that happen top wander by the table, these young guys have GOOD eyes.....me, I just sort of "feel them coming around", and the radical One has a dog that sniffs them out ( from the car) :shock: (gota love ole Moe....my kinda dog...) :wink:
and some of the other "old Timers", smell them out, themselves....or is it they just 'smell' ?? :lol: :lol:
Hey, I resemble that remark!!! careful now..... 8) we're getting OLDER....

This is one of those time periods where interesting "transitional" things happen. My 80-prefix late Old Model SBH has the "squashed chickens" in place. I certainly wouldn't criticize anyone's 81-prefix gun for having either style panels. Just talkin' . . .

;) ;) ;)

chet15

Hawkeye
"squashed" chickens were used at least into 1975. Then after that you got the poorly plated medallion.
Chet15