RCA 10"

Help Support Ruger Forum:

flatgate

Hawkeye
A few have shipped to the Distributor, however I believe a "snafu" has occurred and the "batch" of guns will possibly have some "odd" examples.
We'll have to wait and see.

I got a confirmation email that I'd be receiving one, via my local FFL, in the not too distant future.

I have zero other intel.

flatgate

chet15

Hawkeye
Ale-8(1)":2tvzb6j9 said:
"Odd examples"?

From Ruger?

Oh, say it ain't so!

;) ;) ;)

Yes, conversed with flatgate about it in email yesterday. I suspect however that when all is said and done that all 50 will look the same.

By the way, I have people calling me if I've heard who is getting their order honored and who will be getting their $ back because they were sold out, because they aren't getting their calls returned from the RCA. Anybody have any ideas on this???? I.M.O., would be good PR if RCA would let everybody know how their order stands. It is supposed to be the "NEW" RCA afterall.
Chet15

BlkHawk73

Hunter
I agree. With them doing their membership push this yr, this uncertainty isn't making it overly attractive to prospective members.

hammesj

Single-Sixer
I received an e-mail on 8/18 from Dalia at RCA and I called the next morning and spoke with Jay Hansen. He informed me I would be getting mine "soon". The demand far exceeded the 50 that were tobe made. He said that there was over 100 orders. Jim

chet15

Hawkeye
hammesj":2cfczf1y said:
I received an e-mail on 8/18 from Dalia at RCA and I called the next morning and spoke with Jay Hansen. He informed me I would be getting mine "soon". The demand far exceeded the 50 that were tobe made. He said that there was over 100 orders. Jim

Exactly...so who's getting their $ back and who's getting a gun???? Sounds like its a 50/50 proposition (at best) at this point.
It was nearly 30 days ago since the announcement was made and now the guns are nearly here.
Me thinks a lot of people need some answers in fairly short order.
Chet15

mohavesam

Hawkeye
Have to admit I'm one of the few who have no idea what model (10") y'all are talking about...
Availability or are they all spoken for ?

?

chet15

Hawkeye
mohavesam":3h47em3n said:
Have to admit I'm one of the few who have no idea what model (10") y'all are talking about...
Availability or are they all spoken for ?

?

If you are a member of the RCA, a total of 50 .357 flattops (new models) are being made with 10" barrels. These are to have a special serial number of RCA-00001 through RCA-00050. They were sold as first come, first served which is fine...but who can answer the questions posed above?
Chet15 (a non player in this RCA offering...but the crowd of those who are is growing restless!).

bigbore45colt

Hunter
Chet15,

I know that you deeply care about the RCA and its members, and we appreciate that. Have no fear, everyone that will be receiving a gun will be notified and everyone that won't be will also be notified. Nobody is going to be kept in the dark.

While I realize that in today's times, people want instant answers, and that other collectors organizations are able to get their members their purchased items much more quickly than 6 days after the date payment is due, the "new" RCA and its leadership team are still learning. This is the first time in many years that such an endeavor has taken place with the RCA, so we're learning a lot from it.

We certainly appreciate everyone's patience and support in making this such a tremendously successful offering. To be honest, it was much more successful than we thought and we are a bit overwhelmed with the response from our members so it's taking us a bit longer to respond than we expected, or than we would like.

However, have no fear for the RCA and its members, I assure you that we are handling things and everyone will be getting information regarding the status of their order.

If anyone further contacts you, may I suggest that you refer them to the RCA? While it is true that we don't have someone manning the phones 24/7 like other collector organizations, we do have email and a web forum so that any concerned member can reach us directly. Both are accessible from our website, www.rugercollectorsassociation.com. Note that any questions regarding these 10" guns posted on our forums have been answered, with the last topic on this issue dating from the 17th.

If you continue to receive calls, could you do me a favor and please just simply refer them to the RCA? I wouldn't call Sears to find out if the lawn mower I ordered from Home Depot was delivered. If I was Sears receiving the call, I'd tell them to call Home Depot. Wouldn't you? :D

Thanks for all your continued support in continuing to make Ruger collecting a great, and growing, hobby where collectors continue to mutually support each other and help improve the viability of our various Ruger collecting passions.

If you would like to further discuss, please email or call me and I would be more than happy to discuss off-line.

Thanks!

BB45C

RugerBoi

Single-Sixer
:shock: Is it just this collector, or does it seem irronic that the RCA has to come here to defend it's self from speculation? RB

radicalrod

Hunter
Well I was told they may be delayed until the end of September for technical issues.....but my info has been wrong before so.....none coming my way just a casual spectator......maybe the delay is because more have been ordered due to the large amount of unanticipated interest :shock: :shock: :shock: now that would be exciting news.....seems a simple "NEWS RELEASE" would be in order.......GOOD LUCK to all that placed an order...see ya RR.