I got this gun...now some pics

Help Support Ruger Forum:

208packinheat

Single-Sixer
Have not seen any discussion on a tang safety M 77 RSI in 7X57. How common is this variation in 7X57? :?

As soon as I figure out how, I will load pictures. :roll:

Try this:http://gallery.me.com/mjones_epsilon/100016

web.jpg

web.jpg

Added a couple of your pics. WMG

contender

Ruger Guru
Welcome to the Forum!
According to the RENE reference guide,, from what I can tell, the 77RSI in 7x57 would have a serial number range of 770-91134 to 770-92221. Reportedly less than 200 made. Very rare!
Of course,, condition & completeness of the package will determine the value!

208packinheat

Single-Sixer
Thanks Contender, it has been in the safe for nearly 20 years, with all the fixins. Never shot it, I have several M77 7X57, and well just never got round to shootin' er. Serial 770-923XX.

contender

Ruger Guru
Yep,, that serial number changes a few things,, and if you still have the box,, we know that a few collectors would love to have a pristene one.
Chad Hiddleson of the Red Eagle News Exchange would be interested in the complete serial number for his reference guide updates. He goes by "chet15" around here. You can contact him directly via a Pm or email to help all collectors out. (You know,, folks like you that ask a question & we try & help all we can,,,!) :D

chet15

Hawkeye
Sometime since the last reference was printed, I received an even higher number on that one...770-92491. But do appreciate everybody chiming in on everything that might be able to be updated!!! :)
Chet15

chet15

Hawkeye
208packinheat said:
Seems there is an RSI 7X57 out there with s/n 770-74711. WAY below the range to date given. :shock:

Yes, not surprising. Could be "the" concept rifle, or even more likely an older serial numbered receiver just finally went through the barreling process. Let me know if you have a factory letter on it verifying it as 77RSI 7x57 and I'll update the reference with your serial number.
Chet15

RugerBoi

Single-Sixer
:shock: Hey 208packinheat! You are coming up to the Gun Show in Boise in January and see the Ruger Guys and Gals??? You are bringing that 7x57 in the box to show off and maybe haggle with....And stop asking foolish questions about value of a rifle left so long in a closett...I'lllll help you determine that when you get to Boise...You might take a liking to one of the rusty old safe queens I've been hoarding for trading stock....RB

8) Yeh......, trade with confidence with RugerBoi......sure :roll: . The person you REALLY need to see in Boise in January is Heliman. :D Just make sure you bring that purty little 7x57 with ya........I'll treat cha right! :lol:

Ol' Honest Dave :wink:

RugerBoi

Single-Sixer
:cry: Sheesh Dave, here I am a novice #1 collector and you're casting dispersions on my trading...And I was saving some nice trading stock for your trip to Boise...now where did I put that box of greenish cartridges and bent belt buckles.....G

RugerBoi said:
:cry: Sheesh Dave, here I am a novice #1 collector and you're casting dispersions on my trading...And I was saving some nice trading stock for your trip to Boise...now where did I put that box of greenish cartridges and bent belt buckles.....G

C'mon, Greg :D , just funnin' ya! I look forward to divesting the state of Idaho of a couple of Rugers! 8) Seems only the right thing to do,,,, :wink:

Dave

208packinheat

Single-Sixer
RugerBoi, I am planning to put a few of my M77's out for lookin' at. The 7X57 will be there, but you know, I am real attached to that little 7mm, but who knows what might happen. Looking forward to meeting/seeing you all. should be a great time.