Last purchase of 2009 /Consecutive NM's (Pic's Added)

Help Support Ruger Forum:

T.A. WORKMAN

Hunter
Dealer called yesterday and said he had a package for me, so I drove to town and picked them up. I'll try and get some pics up in a day or so.

KRB-24FW - Ser.# 268-20539
GKNR-4F - Ser.# 268-20540
:D :D
Thanks to Chad & Dave for making this possible!!!!
Terry

Took some quick pictures.

Top gun is GKNR-4F, Ser# 268-20540, One of only 3 made by Ruger and shipped in 1998 for Davidsons.
Bottom gun is KRB-24FW, Ser# 268-20539, One of 945 made by Ruger and shipped in 2002.

005-10.jpg

007-4.jpg

BlkHawk73

Hunter
Sounds like a GREAT way to end the year. Now ya gotta up that and make the first purchase for this year even better. :lol:

T.A. WORKMAN

Hunter
weaselmeatgravy":4x8t4xit said:
Wow, I was wanting that pair too but just could not come up with the coin.

Congrats on what is probably the most unusual consec pair of Rugers on the planet!

Thanks WMG!
Its pretty neat to know that only two other Collectors in the world might
be able to duplicate this pair of NM consecutive Single Sixs. They are my
"Holy Grail" and would make a good center piece for a display someday. The GKNR-4F fills out my collection of uncataloged NR-4F's.
Terry

street

Hunter
Terry,

What a great pair. That GKNR-4F would cost you what a 15 in. Flattop would if it was an "Old Model" with only 3 made. One of these days those super rare "New Models will bring the price that they should. And from what I have seen you have more then your share. Keep up the good work.

Street

T.A. WORKMAN

Hunter
street":2po8a35x said:
Terry,

What a great pair. That GKNR-4F would cost you what a 15 in. Flattop would if it was an "Old Model" with only 3 made. One of these days those super rare "New Models will bring the price that they should. And from what I have seen you have more then your share. Keep up the good work.

Street

Thanks Street,
I thought that maybe sharing some pics would help generate some interest from other New Model Collectors out there.
There are a LOT of Collectible New Models out there to pursue! with some even rarer than certain Old Models!
New Model Collectors time will come just takes time like the Old Models did, in the mean time I try to put away what I can.
Terry

street

Hunter
T.A. WORKMAN":2pnl8r1v said:
street":2pnl8r1v said:
Terry,

Street

Thanks Street,
I thought that maybe sharing some pics would help generate some interest from other New Model Collectors out there.
There are a LOT of Collectible New Models out there to pursue! with some even rarer than certain Old Models!
New Model Collectors time will come just takes time like the Old Models did, in the mean time I try to put away what I can.
Terry

Terry I think you are right. The New Models will come into their own some day. There are a lot of people that were born after the Old Models were out of production and some of them don't have the love that us older collectors have for them. A lot of the Old Model Rugers are being carried and shot and it is getting harder to find the 97% to 98% grade that most collectors want. Lets face it, there is a bunch of the New Models that have a production of less then 500, some less than a couple of hundred. When you look at a Hawkeye that has a production of around 3000, and a price of around $3000, you can see that some of the New Models are way underpriced. And I put your two guns right at the top of that list!!!

SteelShooter

Single-Sixer
Have carried Terry T's list of top single 6 new models around at gun shops and shows, as there is always the hope that we might stumble across one of the listed guns.

Figure its about like winning the lottery, but if you don't play/look the chance will never come up!

Saw that a KRB-24AW (not a Tom Ruger engraved gun) sold on Gunbroker for $1,383 (auction 200625477), with that in mind. Any kind of speculation on what one of the 3 known GKNR-4Fs would fetch in the market.

Now understand Terry's was extra special, due to the KRB-24AW consecutive pairing, but just wondering what one of these might fetch if it came up for sale.

Chet has commented that the 3 known guns shipped to Davidsons, so there are 2 others out there somewhere!

Thanks and yup have caught the bug!

Was warned about that LOL

contender

Ruger Guru
Two very different,, yet similar guns that are consecutive,, yet shipped years apart,, mated up. Simply amazing! That's an excellent pair! Congrats on getting them!

chet15

Hawkeye
SteelShooter said:
Now understand Terry's was extra special, due to the KRB-24AW consecutive pairing, but just wondering what one of these might fetch if it came up for sale.

Chet has commented that the 3 known guns shipped to Davidsons, so there are 2 others out there somewhere!

Thanks and yup have caught the bug!

Was warned about that LOL

On guns like this I always use the phrase that they will bring whatever the market will bare. Kinda like the factory chromed .357 flattop that came to light recently. So if it is sold publicly, it would bring whatever the guy with the most pucker factor is willing to give.
We too had always thought that there were only three GKNR4F's ever made as all three went through Davidson's and even the execs at Davidson's knew they were special because three of them put away an example for themselves. So always figured Davidson's got the only three that ever showed up on Ruger's inventory lists. But...they must have grown tired of them fairly quickly as all three were eventually together at their new home in Iowa. Yes, all three are now with other collectors.
But not long ago, a mysterious 4th example showed up on a gunshow table in Montana. The new find was consecutive with one of the three we had.
Chet15

oldiron1

Single-Sixer
Very neat!!

Just imagine how many unique/rare guns get passed up regularly simply because someone doesn't take the time to look or notice....or folks simply aren't educated (like myself) to know what they're actually looking at.

street

Hunter
oldiron1 said:
Very neat!!

Just imagine how many unique/rare guns get passed up regularly simply because someone doesn't take the time to look or notice....or folks simply aren't educated (like myself) to know what they're actually looking at.

What you wrote makes the best argument for buying the RENE. :D :D :D

Latest posts