D prefix Super Blackhawk Old Model value?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Juniper

Bearcat
Would a D80- xxxxx serial numbered Old Model Super Blackhawk, with the D prefix indicating a duplicate serial number, have a higher value if it is in shooter grade 85%, but original configuation, condition or similar value as average shooter grade non D prefix?
Thanks for any replies.

flatgate

Hawkeye
I would think not UNLESS said s/n is consecutive or identical sans "D" to another's S47. Then it might be worth a bit more than a common ol' "shooter".

JMHO,

flatgate

Juniper

Bearcat
Chet15,
The gun I am inquiring about is in the serial range you listed D80-260XX. I am not the owner of the gun or would include the entire serial #.
I am of the impression only approximately 800 or so D80 -prefix SBH known, but I have no idea if the same non-D prefix serial number above exists or if it does its whereabouts. I am not up on the SBH rugers too much and as these forums have provided excellent information in the past, thought I'd see what others may think. Thanks for all the replies!

chet15

Hawkeye
Juniper":ntz23u64 said:
Chet15,
The gun I am inquiring about is in the serial range you listed D80-260XX. I am not the owner of the gun or would include the entire serial #.
I am of the impression only approximately 800 or so D80 -prefix SBH known, but I have no idea if the same non-D prefix serial number above exists or if it does its whereabouts. I am not up on the SBH rugers too much and as these forums have provided excellent information in the past, thought I'd see what others may think. Thanks for all the replies!

Yes, about 800 "D" Supers with an 80- prefix would be pretty accurate. I would also say that yes, the matching number without the "D" was also produced.
Chet15

akhooters7

Single-Sixer
chet15 said:
Juniper said:
Chet15,

Yes, about 800 "D" Supers with an 80- prefix would be pretty accurate. I would also say that yes, the matching number without the "D" was also produced.
Chet15

saw one yesterday for sale in austin... d 80-253xx if i remember right...
thought the price was a little high.... but what do i know...

krw

Blackhawk
SteveRuger said:
Ruger1441 traded for one in Tulsa this last weekend!
Yeah, I traded it to him. I thought the pistol was worth more than I got out of it, but, something is worth what someone is willing to pay. No one was willing to pay me the premium I thought the pistol was worth, and since Supers are my least favorite of all the OM's I sent it on down the line. krw

Ruger1441

Blackhawk
krw I see you didn't mention the wonderfull Glock that you got from me in the trade or the big 25.00 in cash :? Nice seeing you at the show. 8)