Super(less) Blackhawk Hunters

Help Support Ruger Forum:

chet15

Hawkeye
Quarterbore":1hcqvcyn said:
I am going to bounce this as thanks to the keen eyes of psyclone66 I managed to commit to buy a 45 Colt SUPERLESS Blackhawk Hunter! It may take me a few weeks to get it as it is out of state and I am doing a lay-a-way on it as fund are so darned tight (we have a 13-month son that has changed my lifestyle a bunch) but I have stuff I can sell to cover it.

Still looking for the following:

41 SUPERLESS Hunter
45 SUPERLESS Bisley Hunter

Has anybody seen any indication that there are any 44 Mags out there without the Super markings too?

I can't pay a huge randsom for leads but if anybody can help me find these last two I would really be greatful although I do hope they would not show up too soon so I can try to sqirrel away funds for this colection.

Quarterbore: Be sure to send me a PM on your sn on that one. There aren't too many of those around and I need to keep them documented.
Thanks!
Chet15

psyclone66

Single-Sixer
Could this be the elusive superless 45 Bisley Hunter KS-457NHB? :shock:
???Seller may use stock photos from earlier auctions???

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=228493815

88-32??? 04/01/2009

Edit: trying to relay an invitation to the buyer to participate in this thread...

chet15

Hawkeye
Yes, I'd say that is definitely a "Superless" KS457NHB. Can anybody do a picture edit of that auction to pull the serial number out on that fired cartridge case envelope?
Chet15

Quarterbore

Blackhawk
Special thanks to psyclone66 for helping me get another of these!

I bought a 41 Superless Hunter a few minutes ago. I still need one more for the set and I had known where I can buy that one at a Kings Randsom for months but looks like someone more insane then me bought it. Oh well, I was not willing to pay a 50% or more premium...

I will share pics once it is in my hands along with the rest of the set...

psyclone66

Single-Sixer
chet15 said:
That now opens up the possibility of having at least four different models with the Blackhawk rollmark....41 and .45 with normal grip frame and .41 and .45 with Bisley grip frame.
Chet15
Good call a couple of years ago! That statement proved quite prophetic. I still have yet to see one of these in 44.

Quarterbore

Blackhawk
Lefty SRH said:
I have a .45 colt Super Blackhawk BISLEY Hunter but it looks like all the correct stamping serial 88-360XX

On the side of the frame, does it say "New Model Super Blackhawk" or does it say "New Model Blackhawk"?

If it lacks the "SUPER" in the roll mark, you have the one I am still looking for. We know they are out there because of this picture...

45superlessbiz-001.jpg

45superlessbiz-002.jpg

I know the 41 Superless Hunter, 41 Superless Bisley Hunter, and 45 Superless Hunter exist as I have managed to buy one of each of those already.