44 flat top and Super display material

Help Support Ruger Forum:

twriggen

Single-Sixer
So after my first pilgrimage to Tulsa this year I have the bug to put together a display. After a considerable conversation with the wife we have settled on doing a 44 mag, both flat top and OM supers. As a long term Ruger "hoarder" and more recent collector any direction and input would be greatly appreciated. With a few exceptions, that are quickly filling, I have the revolvers and boxes I think I need for the display but the hard part is the "extras". I have a few black and white advertisements and correspondences from the assorted Dougan and Finley books I have but I was hoping to add some color to the display. Any thoughts as to where to go to find that additional color or special item that should be included in the display? I would also like to find a big colorful Ruger signage to go with it. Any thoughts and/or leads on items for the display would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

contender

Ruger Guru
Whew,, a tall order.

Ok,, I'm excited to see you are going to become a displayer. OUTSTANDING!!!!!!!!

What I can offer is a few of my own personal thoughts.
First off,, it's HARD to try & have a "complete" display. In general,, there is always something else you could add to a display. So,, build with what you can find.
Next, and this is serious.
Study as many other displays as you can. Look at what others have built, added, or how things are put together. And look at the info on judging displays. (Available from ROCS.) It can help guide you as to what to try & do.
Sources of stuff is often found in old gun magazines. Plus,, study the time period of a gun,, and try & match stuff like ammo or ads etc to enhance things.

Signage,, most of us make our own signs,, using our imagination, as well as using our own personal talents (or the lack of) to help in that direction. Look at the previous years of display show pics & see what some have created. Again,, you can try & figure out what will become YOUR display.

So,, can we look forward to seeing you at the OGCA show next July?

I have several display signs from the late Dale Dalbotten that could be used in a .44 Display. These are all on black thick Plexiglass or lexan with very nice vinyl lettering and Ruger emblems...If interested I could dig them out and take some pictures...