The Husqvarna shotgun getting patterned

Help Support Ruger Forum:

David LaPell

Blackhawk
I finally got my Husqvarna Model 20 12 gauge out to the range to get it patterned. Even though it's fluid steel and not Damascus I'm keeping the loads light. I loaded with only 7/8 ounce of shot, a pair of #4 shells and a pair of # 7 1/2's.
I set them up at 30 yards to pattern both barrels. The # 7 1/2 did really well with both barrels. Not sure why the left barrel for the #4 shot didn't cover the target much, not sure if it was the shell or if I pulled it or not. The right barrel did great. The gun only weighs maybe 6 1/2 to 7 pounds, it's very light, but the recoil with the light loads makes it feel like it's only a 20 gauge. I can't wait to load up a few # 7 1/2 shells and go out for squirrels. With warm weather coming up, will be a nice gun to take in the woods.

r7QcpW7.jpg

cCu1FVw.jpg

YKMufzx.jpg

9c7lTpi.jpg

While you're experimenting, try 5s. I find that they are often a good compromise with 7 1/2s when you have both little birds and big birds available, or short shots and longer ones.

I envy you that Husky! Don't have any myself--I find that I shoot much better with a single sighting plane and O/Us. So I have a couple of Valmets, a 12 and a 20 magnumb. Scandinavians make good stuff.