Any Remington collectors.....?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

was asked if we knew anything about the Sid Bell solid pewter grip caps made in 1979........any input would be appreciated.....

IN8hG8Bm.jpg

2WUouwnm.jpg

l1DSBe9m.jpg

ZFgS7pAm.jpg

Thank you....... :wink:

BDM1

Single-Sixer
Those are really nice. Was it Sid Bell who made silver or pewter elephants, etc. for a couple of grips that Ross Seyfried owned?

HAWKEYE#28

Staff member
Sid made a passel of 1911 grip panels, some generic and some for the Colts and Colt Custom Shop. My late friend, Ken Jenkins worked for Bell, but is long gone. I have a close to complete set of the 1911 variations..........Only know topically of the grip caps noted.

contender

Ruger Guru
Neat pieces.

I have NO clue about them. But didn't Sid make a few pewter hat pins or tie tac's for Ruger? Seems I recall in my stuff some Sid Bell items.

yes, he made LOTS of medals, buckles ,pins, tie tacs, clasps etc., since the 1960s I recall...I Know my two ithaca shotguns have Sid Bell grips caps covered in plastic molding.....he started up in Alaska.
we thought the pictures were kinda neat, and show for Bob, my friend,may give them to me to sell at a show after the first of the year........He got them from a estate sale of some Ruger collector in AKron ,OHio?? had LOTS of very low number Rugers but he has no clue as to the mans name????? Had a copy of Hank Kollers book with the RSSE of Herb Glass on the cover from 1957,sold it at the last show for $25... 8) :roll: :wink:

Merry Christmas..................

radicalrod

Hunter
I bet that's the guy Dave meet who was having a garage sale...he brought a mint 2 digit 357 with ivory grips out to show him.....it wasn't for sale....that has been a few years ago and it was in Akron, OH too.....I am embarrassed I can't remember Dave's last name at the moment....getting old has it's moments....RR

Wait it's DAVE WHITMAN.....I sure loved hanging with him at the shows he was super enthusiastic about chasing RUGERS.....my kinda guy....someday I will tell the story of our last deal we did.....RR

diffy40

Single-Sixer
The grip caps were listed in Remington's 1982 catalogue. They were listed with the new Model 4 and 6. The empty space in your set was for blank cap that could be engraved by the owner.