Dry Spell

Help Support Ruger Forum:

1gunsnotenough

Buckeye
Have not found any interesting Mark II pistols in awhile. Trying to decide on collecting another type Ruger .22 pistols. Or H&R .22 pistols. Any suggestions?

You might think about the first model Marks. There are seven different models if you count the 1 of 5000 stainless model and all the variations. Might take a while to collect super nice examples of all of them. Then there's always the MKIIIs.........

BTW, what MKIIs are you missing or are you just trying to find better examples of what you already have?

1gunsnotenough

Buckeye
I need the KMK512P to have one of each distributor models. And I need a factory D&T KMK512, MK678G. I have only been after the target models with the exception of the ones listed I believe I have all the target model variations.

I like H&R "Sportsman" break action .22s almost as much as MK I and MKII Rugers. The older the better, and especially the ones with Roper-style grips. Just my 2 cents and worth all of that, I'm sure. I like their earlier ".22 Special" models too. Let me know if you find one that is actually factory-chambered for ".22 Special" (.22 WRF)!

lovemydals

Buckeye
I have a H&R 22 Special chambered in .22 WRF. Several years ago I stopped by my LGS to see what was new in used handguns & I noticed a H&R 22 Special. Knowing that I collected H&R's, the shop owner offered to take it out of the case. I replied that I already have a few of them and particularly this variation. The owner insisted & handed it to me. I casually looked it over & once I noticed the .22 WRF, I couldn't get to my wallet fast enough. The owner was surprised that I wanted it. I advised the owner of the rarity & didn't even dicker over the price. Needless to say, lesson learned. All these years of collecting Harringron & Richardson firearms, it's the only H&R revolver I have ever seen chambered in .22 WRF. Rare bird indeed.

lmd

lovemydals, thanks for posting! I always wondered if H&R actually made any ".22 Specials" that were for the .22 Special/WRF. A very neat gun you gots!

My Dad lived with his grandmother in the Black Hills of South Dakota thru the Great Depression. His two brothers lived with other family members in different parts of the country because his father couldn't support three sons and his mother was AWOL.

His "Grandma Grimes'" Remington Model 12S pump ".22 Rem Special" helped them survive, mostly by providing the meat course of dinner when there was one. You CAN eat a jackrabbit if it's young enough, or an old one if you're hungry enough.... Deer were NOT on the menu since they were extinct in his area during the Depression.

1gunsnotenough

Buckeye
mr.deerstalker said:
Maybe I should pull a few rare o es out to make you lust again, you know like your prom queen feeling at 15 years old. You could look, but not touch....lol. scott

Let's see them. Always like to see nice guns.