So what did ya think about the single digit HAWKEYE AUCTION

Help Support Ruger Forum:

radicalrod

Hunter
I can't believe that a single digit serial number gun came up for sale and it quietly slipped away....at a more than fair price....we might never see one for sale again in our lifetime.....why so little action ??? RR

T.A. WORKMAN

Hunter
Congratulations to the Southern Gentleman who was wise enough to add that link to his chain,

:wink:https://www.gunbroker.com/item/835741052

Rod I'm with you,, it went awful cheap for a single digit package like that!!

Terry

HAWKEYE#28 said:
Factors here: Age ........inventory......other focus. Saw it and appreciated the flag in the Auctions section of the Forum.(we had plenty of warning) Went for half the value if one is so dedicated and inclined. 8)

I sometimes think that ALL the old models have reached their peak values....new collectors not interested in OLD models it seems....military weapons being the exception from what I see..

bottom line that is still a LOT of money to MOST gun owners and buyers, for a single shot firearm , when the users ,shooters will buy a T/C any day of the week ,around here before a Hawkeye.........when we had the shop years ago, in the early 70s, the Hawkeye was NOT a mover, got stuck with a few of them, our gunsmith even rechambered a few to 'try' and make them "markitable"............
I only knew of one or two Hawkeye collectors in all these years and even then they did not "hang on" to them............I got ONE, a two digit gun and gave it to my wife 8) :roll: :wink:

yes, does seem 'odd', a SINGLE digit gun, with NO "Pucker factor" :?

Rocdoc

Buckeye
Re original title: shocked to see this very high(to me) min bid, more shocked to see selling price, and then to learn it was a good deal. I have handled a Hawkeye 1 time, and didnt think much of it. For sure I am no collector, only one who accumulates stuff I like.

street

Hunter
The only value of a Hawkeye is to a Ruger Collector. If you want to shoot a 256 Mag. then a Contender is the way to go. As for the collector everyone has to realize that there are only 9 single digit guns for the collector to acquire. Then you have to remember that the Company usually keeps Serial number 1, 2, and 3. That leaves only 6 guns. I would think there are a lot more collectors out there then 6 people. :wink: :roll:

david knutson

Single-Sixer
I wanted it and tried to sell a few to get it... maybe a longer auction... seems like most everything I have is worth much less than I paid for it.. I have been trying to sell , I have no sons and my daughter doesn't have a lot of interest.... I think there will be a lot of good ones coming up on the next 10 years from us old guys..

I agree with 'Ale-8' the vast majority at ANY given gun show is "Into" what he said the "ARs and other similar stuff"....I always have a few "collectible" RUgers on the table and they sit there and just make for "small talk" and trips down "memory lane" their Dad or Uncle had one of those years ago....and on and on,,,one reason I QUIT setting up at the OGCA,,,sold very little if any of the collectible pieces and MY prices were ( and are) WAY below "market/RENE" values... 8) :roll:

radicalrod

Hunter
Dan, we miss you at OGCA....

You always had the best selections of RUGERS at the show.....

They have changed set up time on Saturday....dealers can get in at 7am and the show opens at 830am.....helps guys expenses by not needing a Friday night hotel....but you miss the Friday wheeling and dealing.....you should really consider it...RR

radicalrod

Hunter
flattop44 said:
Nope, not necessarily all of the people want ARs!! 8)
FT44/aka Lucky Bill

Exactly.....I walk right past them.....though I do own several....

I'm too busy reading serial numbers on KOOL GUNS.....RR