Smith wesson 547

Help Support Ruger Forum:

silverback

Blackhawk
I have become obsessed with that gun. No moon clips needed. 9mm 3 inch k frame. They are just so nice. The price is out of this world.

I already have my security 6 with an extra cylinder and a tk customs 9mm conversion but it uses moon clips. Great for range. Serious fun.

That smith design is so cool. seriously would I ever carry it? Probably not but the collector in me has been running around in my brain.

That little guy won't shut up! He is also got me obsessing over a vintage bmw r50 motorcycle.

I have to stop looking at goggle ..... whew!!!!

Glad to be able to vent the pressure. Now I can sleep. ......I hope....lol

To much stuff so little money and time.

magnum711

Bearcat
I lucked into a 3" RB 547 for a screaming deal. They are very fun and cool. The trigger pull is not bad, but it is not as nice as a standard K frame. It needs a heavier mainspring due to the floating firing pin and the other pin that seats the case in the chamber just before the firing pin hits. Cool gun and speed loaders can be costly. I carry it occassionally just for giggles.

Good luck on your hunt!

Phil

mohavesam

Hawkeye
LGS had one for $595 last fall. Glossy perfect finish and wood. Smooth function and classic S&W quality.
I took it home for less. I understand the concept, but not the purpose per se. Logic gets in the way.
I only used gold dot but it gave spotty accuracy. A blued security six stubby halved the groups of the 547 so it got cleaned and boxed for another day.