MOE's last RUGER SNIFF JOB.....updated with shipping dates

Help Support Ruger Forum:

radicalrod

Hunter
Maybe the last FLAT GATE and the first ROUND GATE......
Thanks to MOE.....and TOM too...RR

BZNXOdC.jpg

cv95WIC.jpg

fTSJUWo.jpg

chet15

Hawkeye
Would be neat if Ruger can give you an exact day in March for the ship date.
Munnell had an early roundgate and a late flatgate that were both shipped in March 7, 1957.
A manufacture date would be better on each, but they probably won't give you that.
Chet15

mohavesam

Hawkeye
chet15 said:
Would be neat if Ruger can give you an exact day in March for the ship date.
Munnell had an early roundgate and a late flatgate that were both shipped in March 7, 1957.
A manufacture date would be better on each, but they probably won't give you that.
Chet15

I doubt a 'manufacture date' could be pinned down even today. Consider completed guns might spend days or weeks waiting for test fire...
Remember they aren't revenue until they ship from the dock. That's what gets recorded.

The dates of each engineering drawing revision may be interesting. Of course, Ruger isn't concerned with releasing any of that. Liabilities are just too great in our current culture...

chet15

Hawkeye
mohavesam said:
I doubt a 'manufacture date' could be pinned down even today. Consider completed guns might spend days or weeks waiting for test fire...
Remember they aren't revenue until they ship from the dock. That's what gets recorded.

The dates of each engineering drawing revision may be interesting. Of course, Ruger isn't concerned with releasing any of that. Liabilities are just too great in our current culture...

Some Ruger letters of the past would give full manufacture date and full ship date. But I think everybody is happy today that they are at least getting something.
I've seen the blue print for the Single-Six drawing, might be reprinted in one of JD's books or even one of his articles. The date of revision for the round gate is there.
Chet15

street

Hunter
chet15 said:
mohavesam said:

Some Ruger letters of the past would give full manufacture date and full ship date. But I think everybody is happy today that they are at least getting something.
I've seen the blue print for the Single-Six drawing, might be reprinted in one of JD's books or even one of his articles. The date of revision for the round gate is there.
Chet15
Yes! The old letters did show the manufacturing date and the shipping date. This old Red Eagle was shipped 4 days later after it was manufactured.

414258081.jpg