William B. Ruger Rifle.

Help Support Ruger Forum:

This winter a had a great visit with Bill Ruger Grandson Kurt Vogel. Yes Steven and Caroline Vogel son. We had a great visit. Always nice to chat about the old days, grandpa Bill, his dad Steve, and the passing of Bill Jr. in Sept of 2018.

After a nice visit and one thing lead to another, he offered me one of Bill Rugers guns from his personnel collection. He knew I was a serious collector and was happy to have in go to a good home.

Ruger #1 ser # 4611, in 45-70. Really Rare to find a nonperfix gun in big bore, I think less than 50 known. Two part checkering. No Govt stamp on the barrel next to 45-70.

Chet 15 sure can chim in with more info. Happy to have it in my pile. One great day with Kurt R. Vogel. The "R" is for Ruger.... if you did not know. Enjoy. Scott

vHDmH0uh.png

hy9v33fh.png

lV5B0JGh.png

3vRmo71h.png

H4o4P2Jh.png

Scott
Very Nice. And to have the letter is a plus. I also spent time with Kurt several years ago and talked Ruger and family with him. I bought a very nice pair of XR3-Red grips from him for a tribute gun to my late Dad. On the back of the grips is (Hold for WBR) - you can go broke staying in Arizona.
414220998.jpg

hittman

Staff member
Bill Ruger fired that gun and I would too. Not gonna hurt it.

Then I'd probably sock it away in the safe for a rainy day. Maybe a big time auction would be in order a few years down the road. To me, there's still value in "pride of ownership".

mohavesam

Hawkeye
Yes, Kurt has some fine rifles from the family collections. I've been able to secure some 'Ruger coolness' from the auction house gun shop over the years. (bring your own flashlight) :lol: He and his wife have also had some extensive local collections from time to time.

chet15

Hawkeye
rowdy1972 said:
Does it have a S marked safety Scott? I have one that thats S marked and one that isnt.

I would be curious on your two, if they are marked on the barrel "45-70" or "45-70 Govt".
Chet15

Latest posts