Colt The Woodsman 1941 Sport

Help Support Ruger Forum:

deserttrans

Buckeye
Picked this up at a small gun show last weekend. was sent to King's Gunsight Co. for wide checkered trigger, trigger stop and action hone job. Then engraved by master engraver Orville Kuhl. Kuhl did many if not most of the engraving for King's. It appears hardly used and has the original magazine. Crisp two pound trigger and extremely accurate at 25 yards. Happy to get this one on a trade deal.

a5q2mdEl.jpg

37xpItll.jpg

mohavesam

Hawkeye
Maybe I'll see you jerk that pistola from a deserving holster at some BBQ!
Be sure to drive over to Prescott Valley next show...

mohavesam

Hawkeye
Yup. Crossroads. August 17-18.
Showlow is June 1-2, and flagstaff jun 8-9. Good ruger-spotting!

I still have a few colt huntsman, challenger, and targetsman pistols from my woodsman addiction years. Favorites in the tall pines. Nothing engraved but I found a late-model target in a flagstaff shop for $400 a couple seasons ago. Enjoy your King's special!

Dienekes

Single-Sixer
Very nice little pistol from another time. I only have one Woodsman, a 6 1/2" with a lot of miles on it's but well cared for gun nonetheless. Great little pistol. My father was not a gun guy but admitted one day that he would have gotten a Woodsman back in the day. He never did but in my mind this one is "his".

These old light-barrelled classics have beautiful lines, like a Browning High Power.

I think the First Model Woodsman "Sport" with the upgrade for high velocity .22LR is about perfect for a .22 automatic. Simple, compact, and reliable. Not too many "controls"--just what you need for function and safety. I have one made in 1939 and a 2nd Model made in 1950, and love 'em both.

But the 1911-style magazine release on the Second Model seems to me to be an unnecessary expense--who really needs to do a quick mag change on a .22 auto? If nine .22s won't do your job, I'd suggest a quick exit would be the best option.... But 1911 lovers like 'em!

Latest posts