No more descriptive Catalog Numbers for Ruger

Help Support Ruger Forum:

I noticed that Ruger now is just using the Model name instead of the former descriptive Catalog Numbers and the Model number is now referred to as the SKU# on the box label.

My new Wrangler just lists the model as 'Wrangler' and 'SKU 02003' (formerly referred to as the Model number....I guess this was inevitable considering the plethora of difference models in certain lines such as the 10/22's.

I wonder if the old Catalog Numbers will remain and this new system will only apply to newly introduced/manufactured models...

Sort of on the same subject -

I've been trying to build a comprehensive descriptive Catalog Numbers database for the GP100's but haven't had any luck getting to talk to anyone at Ruger who might help me. The great folks here on the forum have been sending me catalog numbers and descriptions and that is a big help - thank you very much, but there are a lot of gaps.

Anyone have any clues on who to talk to at Ruger? The distributor reps don't seem to want to reply to my calls (the operators won't put me through to any of them, they just take my name and phone number, I give them my business name and number, and tell me they will pass it on and someone will call me - no one ever calls).

hittman

Staff member
I would try that "Tell the CEO" thingy and ask him for a referral.

And also, maybe a kind letter to the ladies in the Records Department? Give them a letter, let it lay on their desk a few days and I bet they get to it.

I didn't see the "Tell the CEO" button anywhere on the site like it used to be.

I did talk to a very nice customer service rep, Tina, who got my info and said she would see if she could find someone who could help me in my quest. She also said that I could email her a list of the model numbers and she could probably find the catalog numbers (little by little) and send me them when she could.

I also sent an email through the Contact Ruger section on the web site explaining what I wanted to do. Might as well cover all the bases that I know of.

I found 31 current model numbers,I'll have to do some searching to find any past model numbers that they don't make any more, but those catalog numbers could probably be constructed/reconstructed by a good description of the gun in hand.

RoninPA said:

It's down at the very bottom of the first page on the website, and looks like this . . .

https://ruger.com/dataProcess/tellTheCEO/

Has a complete form to fill out for your inquiry.

:mrgreen:

Ale-8(1) said:
RoninPA said:

It's down at the very bottom of the first page on the website, and looks like this . . .

https://ruger.com/dataProcess/tellTheCEO/

Has a complete form to fill out for your inquiry.

:mrgreen:

Well DUH, right before my eyes (guess that's why I didn't see it, too easy to spot :D )

I did send Mr. Killoy a (hopefully) nicely worded message to see what he might be able to do for me (and ultimately others doing research on Rugers) so there are 3 messages somewhere at Ruger with my concerns. As I get answers I'll post them here and the ROCS web site.

Terry T

Buckeye
"RoninPA",
I have some GP100 model numbers of discontinued models, mostly fixed sight versions. What are you missing?

Terry T

chet15

Hawkeye
NH Rugerman said:
I noticed that Ruger now is just using the Model name instead of the former descriptive Catalog Numbers and the Model number is now referred to as the SKU# on the box label.

My new Wrangler just lists the model as 'Wrangler' and 'SKU 02003' (formerly referred to as the Model number....I guess this was inevitable considering the plethora of difference models in certain lines such as the 10/22's.

I wonder if the old Catalog Numbers will remain and this new system will only apply to newly introduced/manufactured models...

Ruger started doing this quite a while ago, notably with their catalogs.
Even the box labels before the SKU was put on the label in late 2018, would only say "LITE" for example on any 22/45 LITE model.
Lipsey's website is where I go when I need to know an actual catalog number.
Jason says they do still issue catalog numbers for all models. Would be nice if Ruger would let everybody know what those are. When somebody asks for an 1157 how in the heck does anybody know what that is?????????
Chet15

chet15

Hawkeye
NH Rugerman said:

Even the box labels before the SKU was put on the label in late 2018, would only say "LITE" for example on any 22/45 LITE model.
Jason says they do still issue catalog numbers for all models. Would be nice if Ruger would let everybody know what those are. When somebody asks for an 1157 how in the heck does anybody know what that is?????????
Chet15

chet15

Hawkeye
NH Rugerman said:

Chet15