Dan Wesson 15-2

Help Support Ruger Forum:

silverback

Blackhawk
Recently been lusting after a dan Wesson 15-2
Pistol pac. 2,4,6,8 barrels.

I already have a ruger security six, police service six and lcr 9mm.

Help talk me out of it!!!!

eveled

Hawkeye
You only own 3 guns? You came here to get talked out of buying more?

I see serious flaws in your logic.

Are you just lusting after it, or know where there is one to buy?

AH, the 'pucker factor' raises its head.....too costly, just a gimmick, ANY GP100 is far better , and a LOT less costly........I know, I worked for them, I own one still, 15-2VH6, had the pacs years ago and only recently have they gone sky high in their values, guess they are 'chic' now, but when we were at Monson, Ma, and continued with our shop in Cleveland Bluing Co., where we were "warranty repair" for DWA,,,those early guns,, ( as well as pistol Pacs) had some issues with light hits and short actions,,YES< they are accurate, as accurate as ANY other comparible sized double action revolver, but were always a "hard sell" back then, in the 70,80 and early 90s.They finally had to come out with stainless and other larger calibers to compete in the market.......they moved around and change hands a few times and are now owned, run by CZ America last I heard......never know these days with "investors" wanting this or that, sadly too many take over to screw up things.....sadly I miss the old man ( Dan Wesson) and Dick Rosenfeld from the old school house......Mr Wesson taught me back in the early 70s.... :wink:

you want one, buy one, but be prepared to shell out the BIG bucks....last 'USED' 15-2V Pac' I had , I sold to dealer in Ill. for almost $2000...........

eveled

Hawkeye
Can't beat first hand knowledge like rugerguys.

I think I'd rather multiples in different barrels of 1 revolver model than 1 that swaps around. Unless for some reason I was limiting to the number of guns I could own

But life is short do what makes you happy. You can always sell it later. I doubt the value will go down.

yes, you must remember back then in the mid 70s DWA was the "new kid on the block" and trying to compete with Pythons , and medium frame revolvers, hell even S&W came out with the L frames to look like and compete with the Pythons that heavy barrel, underlug "look"........my DWA was every bit as accurate as any Python we put up against it.............it just surprises me now, all these years later the DWA have gotten so "Pricey"....BUT look at all the Colt "snake" guns, and back then we sold Pythons for a little over$289 and the nickel ones were $327. and they were a hard sell, folks wanted K and N frame S&W......the circle of circumstances... :roll:

silverback

Blackhawk
Thanks guys that's the kind if info I needed. I remember there was a reason I didnt go after one back in the day.

I'll stay with what I have . Instead of Chasing cool factor of interchangeable barrels.

Ahhh the monkey is off my back today. Feels good. Lol

CZReverend

Bearcat
13Nd0jQ.jpg

CZReverend

Bearcat
silverback said:
Wow that is s super rich finish. How does it shot? Square butt frame ?

Shoots amazingly. Took it out yesterday. Yes it is a square butt frame, I did put some hogue monogrips on it and like how it points and feels better than with the wood grips. For the money, this is a tough one to beat.

UmpquaCharlie

Buckeye
And to think I traded my case Dan Wesson 357 pistol pack for a BFR in 45-70 when most gun guns wouldn't look at Dan Wesson. One of many stupid gun trades I've made over the past fifty years.

reuben_j_cogburn

Blackhawk
I bought my 15-2 4" half lug for $148.00 back in 78 or so....
That was back when a kid working minimum wage could afford a new gun!! I still have her, and yes... she is going with me!!!
My last new gun purchase took me three years to put the $$$ together..... boy I miss the old days!!!

ciao.... reuben....

silverback

Blackhawk
Well I did it. I couldn't let go if my curiosity over the dan wesson. I have been looking off and on...on gunbroker. The other day I saw one examined the pics for days. It looked like an estate gun that had never been shot.
Contacted seller and yea it was an estate sale.
I just picked it up from my FFL. This gun is in absolutely brand.new condition. Never been shot. finish is something to behold. It is a 6 inch heavy vented barrel that balances nice in hand with the presentation grips it came with. The single action trigger is very nice. The double a bit heavy but so smooth. Once this gun gets broken in the triggers are going to very very nice. I almost dont want to shoot it but that's what guns are for. I cant wait to be able to get some free time to take it to the range. Very happy with my purchase. Pic to follow