Brassie Ruger Old Army

Help Support Ruger Forum:

BlackEagle

Blackhawk
also, id like to find a brass ROA with the shorter barrel... anyone got one for sale?... or trade?

BlackEagle

Blackhawk
Sorry to hear that. I'd hoped I'd get a chance to meet him in person someday. Maybe I'll catch up with him on those heavenly slopes.

AkRay

Single-Sixer
flatgate gave me some info on a stainless ROA I traded for years ago and also a Single Six in 32 H&R. He seemed like a nice guy and I'm sorry to hear that he's gone on.

T.A. WORKMAN

Hunter
I was fortune enough to be able to buy two of Flatgate's ROA's before he passed, serial #140-00100 & #140-11458 which is a Brass Framed gun and it letters as such, but is not listed in John's book. So when in doubt I guess the best thing to do is get the letter from Ruger to be safe,,Some times the books don't have all the info for a variety of reasons.

Terry

Where can one buy the "Dougan book" referenced above? I am getting ready to sell several old and new model unusual models from my modest Ruger collection, and need to verify their authenticity. One happens to be an older brass framed Old Army.

Also need to verify a 10 inch polished stainless Super Blackhawk I ran across in a pawn shop a few years ago. Understand they also are relatively rare, and an unmarked over run new in box .357 #1.